Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Just thought I would slam this one up as I have been taking a lot of flak for my opinions.

To sum it I know a guy who I have very little time for. I am open I do not like him and find him to be the most irritating bastards alive.

The majority of my reasons are personal and have no bearing here but I will point out some of the factors that just make this argument viable.

He is a self proclaimed ‘hard man’ he spends much of his time stating about how tough he is (fights/arguments won), the amount of alcohol he can consume, that he is fitter and stronger than everybody he works with (I cannot deny he is very physically fit and spends hours at the gym) and that he likes to ‘man-up’ with the iron man challenges etc.

Whilst boring I can cope with this but it came to a head when he was banging on about tattoos. A lady I know has a rib piece done and frankly it awesome. She went through a lot of pain and is only a waif (she barely weighs 7 stone).

We were chuckling about it and she says don’t you think it odd that X does not have any tattoos or piercings, she went onto say that she has seen him cruising many tattoo sites and was asking a lot of questions about hers.

I said maybe he is just scared of the pain.

So word gets back that I said he was frightened of getting inked. He storms over and starts to mouth about how he is not scared of anything and it is ppl like me that have to over-compensate with huge tattoos.

Amused? I laughed in his face.

I pointed out that
1. I really don’t care if he has tattoos or not.
2. It was said because it is known that you have been looking at tattoos forever but still don’t have one.
3. Yes I think that you are scared and all this macho frontage is that you are a pussy when it comes to getting a few needles stuck in you.

As I said to him that the excuse that ‘they are a waste of money’ is a hollow one and I respect somebody who just says I am not getting them because I do not like them. This is because they are being honest.

Nothing wrong with being frightened of getting ink – it does hurt and part of it is about endurance and conquering that fear to get the thing that you want.

But to mouth off about being ‘hard’ and being too scared to get a tattoo because of the pain is to me just being a pussy.

As for over-compensating lol

Everybody knows I like flower arranging, poetry, cooking and such. It does not effect my masculinity in anyway as I do not feel the need to prove anything. (It just wound him up even more). ๐Ÿ˜€

I have been told i’m way too harsh. Just curious what people thought about it.

Take Care
Matthew

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

This guy sounds like a real jackass =s
I hate those gym freaks thinking they are better than everyone else.
I’ve been doing sports for many years, and i would never start showing off, like “oh dude, i can totally run xx kms in like a hour”
Those people make me sick, I mean sports is about taking care of yourself, but being a good person is not less important than being healthy, at all!

And of course theres nothing to be ashamed of if your pain tolerance is crappy, or your afraid of getting a tattoo.
Take care.^^

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Matthew, you handle things much better than I would. I hate fuckers like that.

Get your friend on here. I’m always fascinated by a good rib piece because I know how tender that area is. Mine’s a small piece that I’m excited and dreading getting more added to it.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

This guy sounds like a bully who uses his physical size to try to indimidate people. These types are quick to talk crap about other people and always have chips on their shoulders. Sounds like he’s pretty insecure. I mean who wouldn’t be afraid of needles but to take it as far as he did, he just looks like a moron.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

self proclaimed hard men are always pussy’s :rolleyes:

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

….and you didn’t headbutt him because…..?

Oh, because kicking him in his pride like that hurts more, right. Gotcha.

Either way, I think you handled the situation well, and in a way that was stronger and more mature than that little boy would have.

Also, flower arranging? Really? No value judgement here, it’s art and therefore awesome, it’s just a tad bit surprising.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi KH

In all seriousness I would recommend a short flower arranging course to any aspiring tattoo artist.

It really helps with design and still life formation.

Also when you draw from live flowers it gives so much different detail.

Also the advanced stuff (which when I get the money I intend to do) is with wire work so you can literally sculpt using flowers.

Hey I admit it I like flowers they look nice but unless you can get to a wholesaler or grow your own they can be a damn expensive hobby.

Take Care
Matthew

dine
Participant
@dine

I blame the parents!

Seriously….I do.

Tallulah Belle
Participant
@tallulah-belle

Im from the same bracket of people as that bloke (looking at tattoos but never getting one due to the fear of pain), but finally got booked in for a 3/4 Samoan sleeve in October (Massive Waiting list as they are very good) and get a couple of small pieces done in the mean time. Decided to stop being a pussy about it and push on through!

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

You handled is AMAZINGLY as always Matt! Damn, I wish I could handle shit the way you do….it would save me so much time and attorney’s fees….

I live with a fucker like that, (just a few more days anyway!) and altho he has 1 tatt, which took him FOREVER to get, he’s actually scared of lil ole me & needles. lol

AztecManiac
Participant
@aztecmaniac

true true i know one gym guy so annoying he’s big he’s macho he talk tough well after im done with him i dont recognize his face anymore a couple years ago.. hehehe well some people is just like that a prick..hehehe in our lauguage “Kupal” heheheh

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

๐Ÿ™‚

I know what you mean for me certain ppl wind me up more than others.

I have been pulled at work for arguing with a colleague who just has one of them motor-mouths that keeps on spewing even when you threaten to staple their tongue to the desk.

Usually though I can afford to let it go as I do not take myself that seriously so if they do keep up the nonsense I just laugh it off.

With that guy though it was just the sheer effort he puts into being macho – I just couldn’t be arsed to do it.

@ Aztec I will def be adding that (Kupal) to my vocab ofinsults ๐Ÿ˜€

Take Care
Matthew

stanley22
Participant
@stanley22

he sounds like a jerk, you really handled the situation well!

AztecManiac
Participant
@aztecmaniac

hahaha lol sir sherav

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

Isn’t it funny how much HE cares what you think of him? Why don’t you recommend to him to slander people with huge backpieces somewhere where people actually care and then give him the address of the nearest biker club?

Also, it would be a nice gesture of you to offer him advice for when he has finally settled for something he would like to get done. I find being nice and helpful to people who think being a jerk is cool works best.

Another good one: stronzo – it literally means “piece of sh*t” or “turd” in Italian and is appropriately used as a title for asshats and dumbasses.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.