ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Here’s the story. Before Thanksgiving, my ex-wife said she was adopting a dog for my daughter. They got the dog, and my daughter loved it. I would call her and ask about Macie, and she was so excited to have a puppy.

A couple of weeks ago I asked about Macie, and my daughter said, “We had to take her back.” I asked why and she said that her mommy said she was too much trouble and that they weren’t home enough blah blah blah so they took her back to the shelter.

WTF??? Who does that? Give a six year old a dog and then take it back.

So I tracked down the shelter and found Macie. I called the lady and said hold that dog because I was coming to get it. We got it on Sunday. I pick my daughter up today for Christmas break with me. She has no idea that I have HER dog at home. I can’t wait to see her face.

So here is Macie

100_2954.jpg

100_2953.jpg

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

personally i prefare turkey at christmas !!

na seriously……. aint she cute.
and what a wonderful idea you had, it will make your daughters xmas something special

“kudos to ya” 😉

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Thanks Outlaw. Have a great xmas yourself

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Wow man, that’s a very special gift. I bet she’s going to be even more excited this time around!

And I’m not a fan of small dogs, I have a German Shepherd; but your puppy is too cute!!!! Lol.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

I’ve got a terrier mutt, and he is the best dog ever. I like small, cool dogs. Can’t handle the toy, prissy, pampered dogs

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

I love big dogs too, got an American Bulldog, happiest dog around 🙂
I’m sure your daughter will be thrilled 🙂

eatatjerms
Participant
@eatatjerms

What a great thing to do! Cute dog too.

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Wow, that’s a great story. Your daughter is always going to remember this christmas. Best gift ever!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

She absolutely loves the puppy. She told me all about “when she had her before”. My wife actually walked into her room as she was saying “I’m so glad to have you back”. She slept with her last night and will not leave her alone at all. It was awesome to see.

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

Oh bless her and you! She’s lucky to have such a caring Dad! x

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

You’re such an awesome dad! How happy your daughter must be and you are probably #1 on her list!

I never was much in to small ankle biters, but Macie is a cutie…. I have a Great Dane/English Mastiff that is just my baby….
And on Labor Day of this year a little Daschund/Min Pin (I’m guessing — ALL strays find MY house) showed up on my front porch with severe attitude (hubby says like mine…) so I ended up takin her in to the vet and gettin her all “put back together” to the tune of $700 (she had ALOT of worms….and other problems) now she’s queen of the house (she’s asleep in my lap as I type this.) *sigh*

Anywho….. you definitely made your lil girls” Christmas!

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Yes, it has been a great holiday so far. My daughter is 6, and it is hard to explain that she can’t hold the puppy ALL the time. I hired a Santa to come to the house last night and suprise her with her gifts. It was perfect timing. We had just baked cookies for him. I like for her to get her gifts early so she can play with them before she has to go back to her mom’s house.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1
ontwo;56360 wrote:
Yes, it has been a great holiday so far. My daughter is 6, and it is hard to explain that she can’t hold the puppy ALL the time. I hired a Santa to come to the house last night and suprise her with her gifts. It was perfect timing. We had just baked cookies for him. I like for her to get her gifts early so she can play with them before she has to go back to her mom’s house.

That is to sweet….I bet she will remember this Christmas for many years to come.

My kids wanted to hold Bouncer (my Dane/Mastiff) when he was a pup altho he was a big pup…..now he still wants my kids to hold him! He thinks he is still a lap dog @ 160lbs….lol

dine
Participant
@dine

That’s seriously traumatic for a dog. She’s so young, look at her still-pink paws! Fair play to you for making it right.

I belong to a group here called Pets Ireland. It’s a nationwide forum, with a lot of help from the UK, Sweden and the Netherlands, to name a few. Last year, 18,000 dogs were put down in Ireland. We have a disgraceful record for neglecting to spay and neuter. We do our best to get strays out of pounds before they are pts and foster/rehome as many as we can. My dog is Doberman, I get a call if one is seized, abandoned or abused. I’ve also taken in a few Pit Bulls and Staffies. One friend takes Border Collies, another Greyhounds/Sighthounds, another Bull Breeds and so on. We DREAD next week, with the amount of ‘Christmas presents’ being dumped because the people realise they can’t take the bloody batteries out!

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

While I love the gesture of getting your daughter’s puppy back I do hope your ex doesn’t hold it against you. I’ve seen that sort of stupidity before 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.