ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

I just finished reading Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs. If you haven’t heard of it… It’s a memoir of a guy who had an extremely weird childhood. It is equally disturbing and hilarious and I highly recommend it.

So, what books have you read recently?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Wandering by Herman Hesse. Interesting stuff there. The whole Don Juan stuff by Carlos Castaneda too.

dine
Participant
@dine

Last week I read Corn Dolls and Steel Witches by Patrick Lennon. Just started Grave Doubts by Elizabeth Corely. Acouple of weeks ago I read Let the right one in. That’s the best book I’ve read for a while. I’m halfway through a biography of Alesteir Crowley. I normally have 2 on the go at the same time, 1 bio or fact and 1 fiction. 200+ T.V stations and I read all the time! At least 2 books a week. A couple of friends have got themselves a Kindle, but I don’t know if reading from that would be for me. I could go on al day about books and authors and ya’ll would roll your eyes and wish death on the OP for starting it!

Besides, there’s a mouse in the corner that needs rescuing from the cats.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Angels and Demons.

I’m reading a “chick book” now LOL. It’s called “13 Reasons Why”. My wife was reading it and I got interested in the concept. A girl kills herself, but before her death, she mails out 7 audio tapes with 13 sides of recordings. She details why she did it based on 13 people. She sends the tapes to the first one with instructions to forward it to the next person. If they don’t keep sending the tapes, she has another set to be released publicly. Good, light reading.

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo
dine;53836 wrote:
Last week I read Corn Dolls and Steel Witches by Patrick Lennon. Just started Grave Doubts by Elizabeth Corely. Acouple of weeks ago I read Let the right one in. That’s the best book I’ve read for a while. I’m halfway through a biography of Alesteir Crowley. I normally have 2 on the go at the same time, 1 bio or fact and 1 fiction. 200+ T.V stations and I read all the time! At least 2 books a week. A couple of friends have got themselves a Kindle, but I don’t know if reading from that would be for me. I could go on al day about books and authors and ya’ll would roll your eyes and wish death on the OP for starting it!

Besides, there’s a mouse in the corner that needs rescuing from the cats.

How is that Crowley book? I may have to pick that up

dine
Participant
@dine
ontwo;53846 wrote:
How is that Crowley book? I may have to pick that up

It’s good. Very detailed. Lots more in it than others I’ve read. ‘A Magick Life’ by Martin Booth. It’s a bigger picture of the man than I’ve read before.

vaggerbond
Participant
@vaggerbond

In the middle of reading Stephen King Cell for like the 4th time. I’ll read pretty much anything written by Stephen King I love IT, Cujo, Firestarter, The Shining, Misery etc etc! IMO the books are always better than the films.

I also like a good murder mystery especially Harlan Coben.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
vaggerbond;53866 wrote:
In the middle of reading Stephen King Cell for like the 4th time. I’ll read pretty much anything written by Stephen King I love IT, Cujo, Firestarter, The Shining, Misery etc etc! IMO the books are always better than the films.

I’ve only read two King books – Needful Things and Desperation – and they were great 🙂

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Got burned out on King many years ago.

dine
Participant
@dine
ontwo;53875 wrote:
Got burned out on King many years ago.

And Kellermann.

My new favourite is Mike Carey. The Felix Castor books.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Well I tend to have around 6 books on the go at any one time as prefer reading to tv but currently just polished off:

Survivor Chuck Palahniuk (guy who wrote fight club) about a guy who is on a plane that he has hijacked and let everybody off so he can crash and kill himself. He was a lone survivor from a suicide cult that were ‘programmed’ to do themselves in when they heard that the cult had topped themselves.

No denying it is a dark book but oddly had a lot of chuckles – well worth reading.

For academic purposes I am working my way through Marquis De Sade’s 120 Days of Sodom. It is perhaps the most disgusting and sexually perverse book I have ever read and why they chose it for my literary class I am still trying to get to the bottom of..

Oh I finished (again) 1984 by George Orwell and I am comparing it to the vision in the book version of Battle Royale – both excellent reads.

Overall I love warhammer sci-fi horror and have read all of King’s work mostly I like but Geralds Game and the Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon frankly sucked balls.

Take Care
Matthew

vaggerbond
Participant
@vaggerbond
Sherav;54012 wrote:
Survivor Chuck Palahniuk (guy who wrote fight club)

Think i might check that out. I love Fight Club (the film) and still need to read the book.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i hardly ever read books 😮
think the last one i read was kat von d’s 😮

ChaosDani
Participant
@chaosdani

Survivor is my favorite Palahniuk book. It’s been a while since I’ve read anything by him, though. He’s just too damn dark and twisted!

Ruckus
Participant
@ruckus

I am currently reading Invisible Monsters by him! For the eighth or ninth time! He is far too wonderful at catching my attention.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.