#113487
ArniVidar
Moderator
@arnividar

Just to weigh in, generally speaking most people aren’t being asses just by being honest and direct. The asses are the people that intentionally comment in a way as to cause as much hurt and pain as possible, then jump on the hurt people for being so weak and not able to take ‘a little criticism’.

There is a way to be honest and direct without intentionally causing pain and suffering (although that sometimes happens unintentionally, for which I can’t fault anyone) and I hope that all of you will keep being as direct and honest as you can.

As for the banter, although it may be fine that we crap all over Wardy and he shoots back at will, to the outsiders that don’t know this place it will always look horrible. In fact, it will most likely look like a bunch of people picking on that one person… which most certainly makes some people think twice about joining.
So yes.. banter is good, but too much of it can do harm as well ๐Ÿ™‚

#113489
Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;98174 wrote:
As for the banter, although it may be fine that we crap all over Wardy

Direct at me! :(:mad:

haha :cool::D;)

#113518
Panter
Participant
@panter
Wardy;98172 wrote:
Personally i don’t think buttwheat has ever been out of order to be honest. He calls what he is thinking and tells the actual truth about people’s tattoo’s. Also banter is always a fun atmopheere but some people just take it to heart. But i 100% agree with turbosaton as a lot of people just want a relaxed atmospheere to come to online and have a grown up sensible conversation.

haha buttwheat will be difficult for a number of people on the forum mate.

* Jesus fucking Christ my spelling is bad*

Totally agree with this, I don’t think I’ve ever seen BW being an asshole to anybody. The forum needs honest feedback otherwise what’s the point?

I’m looking forward to posting pictures of my ink (when it’s finally finished ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) and I’d be disappointed if people weren’t brutally honest, whether they like it or not.

#113801
Adler
Participant
@adler

I can’t believe I’m just now seeing this. If sexual comments were made that’s inexcusable so I kind of get it but it still feels like walking on egg shells and looking over a shoulder at all times wondering if I’ll say the wrong thing to get banned. I’m usually not too bad but I think I’ll become more of a lurker and less of a poster.

#113802
yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Adler;98530 wrote:
I can’t believe I’m just now seeing this. If sexual comments were made that’s inexcusable so I kind of get it but it still feels like walking on egg shells and looking over a shoulder at all times wondering if I’ll say the wrong thing to get banned. I’m usually not too bad but I think I’ll become more of a lurker and less of a poster.

Thats the main reason why i stopped posting as much when i got banned with no warning.

#113807
Wardy
Participant
@wardy
yodaddynukka;98531 wrote:
Thats the main reason why i stopped posting as much when i got banned with no warning.

Yeah people probably haven’t noticed but im not on half as much as i usually am. I speak my mind which could get me banned without warning. Not that i don’t want to be on here because i love coming on this forum it’s just half the stuff i want to say could get me banned for doing so, so im trying to not post as much now.

#113816
buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Could this be the reason why the new post count is down maybe 70% when I log in?

what a bunch of weenies

#113820
Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;98546 wrote:
Could this be the reason why the new post count is down maybe 70% when I log in?

what a bunch of weenies

Probably is people can’t be 100% honest now because somebody might take it to heart.

#113824
mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

damn……….yodaddy got banned!…………Ive never heard him out of line, shoot, he is a top notch collector, we better all play nice

#113843
anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Wardy;98550 wrote:
Probably is people can’t be 100% honest now because somebody might take it to heart.

That’s how I feel. If someone gets a new tat and it looks like a blindfolded monkey did it while he was tripping on acid, I just close the thread w/o replying.

#113846
Wardy
Participant
@wardy
D3FiANC3;98574 wrote:
That’s how I feel. If someone gets a new tat and it looks like a blindfolded monkey did it while he was tripping on acid, I just close the thread w/o replying.

It’s actually funny you say that because over the past 3 days I’ve actually read thread’s and ended up closing them without giving a opinion or even reading other people’s comments.

#113854
Amok
Participant
@amok
D3FiANC3;98574 wrote:
That’s how I feel. If someone gets a new tat and it looks like a blindfolded monkey did it while he was tripping on acid, I just close the thread w/o replying.

Lol 4567890

#113857
ArniVidar
Moderator
@arnividar

I don’t quite see how you lot read “thou shalt not speak thy mind” out if this. As I see it, unless there’s something seriously wrong with you, there should be quite a difference between speaking your mind and being an asshole.

And yodaddy… you (and indeed all of you) were warned, and if memory serves you were temporarilly banned because you were being obnoxious to someone.

#113859
yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i was never warned. if u can point me in the direction where i was warned i will retract my comment that i was never warned.

#113860
ArniVidar
Moderator
@arnividar

I can’t even find a record of you ever having been banned. Interesting.

And no, I can’t point you in the direction, because I simply don’t remember when it was and how it went down.

That being said, it may well be that you were one of the two that I temporarily banned AS a warning, thanks to a buildup of continued obnoxiousness finally tipping the scales.
This would have been explained in the ban post, and would also explain why you got back in at all.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.