getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

I’m new here. Im a professional artist from near Chicago, my name is Luke. I have a question for you, I’m not sure if its even possible but if there is any way that you can decipher between some kid busting balls and real ratings, maybe you could issue warnings to the kids doing it. I just posted apx. 85 photos randomly from my portfolio and the 1st day I had a kid run through and check 1’s on all my pieces. Now I in NO WAY believe that I am some GREAT, but I have been in this industry for a while and I think most would agree that many of my pieces rated as 1’s were done so in total malevolence and hold no validity at all. Acts like this ruin the entire rating system for all mature professionals in our industry. I know you are busy but if you could find time to shoot me a PM and let me know if this would be possible, as Im sure it would greatlyimprove not only the forum but the professionalism in which it’s run. Thank You, Luke Northcott
“Tattoo Artist” {Tattoo Bobs} Rkfd. Il.

xanderx
Participant
@xanderx

i symphatize (or emphatize, whichever is correct) with you… that kind of senseless trip/acts drags down this forum and many others… i hope the ops listen (i tried one time to request to ban one user for spamming but got no reply whatsover)…

and welcome btw!

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

Thanks man, maybe if we stay on em enough we’ll get results.

Amok
Participant
@amok

you’ll see a fucking wicked tattoo in someones album and it will be rated 3 or something, I think some people just want to be assholes. I’m happy to have my tattoos rated badly if it brings some sunshine into some kid’s miserable life.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
Amok;94483 wrote:
you’ll see a fucking wicked tattoo in someones album and it will be rated 3 or something, I think some people just want to be assholes. I’m happy to have my tattoos rated badly if it brings some sunshine into some kid’s miserable life.

lol +1

Some people’s lives are just that empty.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I can understand what you are saying but if people don’t like that tattoo you can’t expect them to lie just to make you happy, why don’t you just not give a fuck what a “kid” is saying on a internet forum. If your a “professional” tattoo artist you shouldn’t care what other people think? seems to me your having a bit of a whine

Just being honest

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I really wouldn’t sweat it. I don’t have any clue what mine are rated at and I don’t care. I have learned from other sites like ratemyink.com the ratings are pointless it is just who can vote the most. take to heart the comments that they receive on rating and real life. any asshole can vote a 1 but will rarely leave a comment.

(edit) I voted all 10’s for your first 40 I hope you feel better now.

Note: these don’t deserve 10’s as much as they don’t deserve 1’s

msmercury
Participant
@msmercury

Happens to me when I post new pics, especially of myself. Someone comes immediately and gives me a 1. I finally took some of them down as it really got on my nerves. They even gave my daughter’s baby pic a 1. Now, go figure someone being that mean. I doubt if there’s anything that can be done, however. 🙁

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

hi.

the whole picture rating thing was actually only made for the whole ratemyink style pages which never really worked properly i dont think.

Ill be making a lot of changes on the forum soon which will include a new album area and many other new features and one thing i imagine will probably not be there will be the image rating.

In short. no we cant stop them. i didnt really even know it was happening until this thread so ill look into if its one dick or many

but please keep the pics comign and any time you ahve an issue please let me kinow by pm or email admin@thetattooforum.com as i am here behind the scenes a lot i just dont always post.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
xanderx;94473 wrote:
(i tried one time to request to ban one user for spamming but got no reply whatsover)

More than likely the person was banned as per your request. Isn’t that all the reply you need? 🙂
Incidentally, there’s no way to reply to the post reports except via searching the forum for the reporter and manually selecting to message them. I’ve not bothered with that, because it just takes time I don’t have.

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos
buttwheat;94509 wrote:
I really wouldn’t sweat it. I don’t have any clue what mine are rated at and I don’t care. I have learned from other sites like ratemyink.com the ratings are pointless it is just who can vote the most. take to heart the comments that they receive on rating and real life. any asshole can vote a 1 but will rarely leave a comment.

(edit) I voted all 10’s for your first 40 I hope you feel better now.

Note: these don’t deserve 10’s as much as they don’t deserve 1’s

Lol Buttweat, thanx man. and No Wardy it’s not that I think my work is some stellar shit or anything, but when I look through others albums and see tattoos that are truly amazing and they have a fucking 3 rating or some shit it kinda burns my ass, as Artists we all take a certain amount of pride in our work and if anything most of us are our largest critics. It’s only that I sort of like the idea of having a rating system, I only wish that it were used correctly and rated strictly by persons that intend on rating them fairly and not just to be an ass. It’s really too bad because in theory it’s a nice thought but will never work due to fucking immature kids with nothing better to do.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

pic rating has been turned off for now until i can track people who do ratings and then ban dickheads who rate everything 0

my thougths is its most likely another rating site not wanting us to compete.

Oh well

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I have to say I saw some crap rated appropriately but then I saw some nice work rated a 5.3 and shit, thats not right, thats some kid playing games

Unfortunately a rating system that allows anyone to submit a rating will get some weird numbers, you may not like the artist, or his or her friends, the style of work, you may be in a bad freakin mood or your just being an ass………hard for any mod to control…….I dont need to rate anything, but I would love for people to keep posting, I like to see all kinds of work, styles and artists from different countries and states

Amok
Participant
@amok

Good change I think. There doesn’t need to be a rating system, the comments field is there if anyone wants to comment.

Perhaps there could be a Like button instead? A Like button could also works for normal posts or threads. Just a suggestion.

Panter
Participant
@panter
Amok;97939 wrote:
Good change I think. There doesn’t need to be a rating system, the comments field is there if anyone wants to comment.

Perhaps there could be a Like button instead? A Like button could also works for normal posts or threads. Just a suggestion.

That sounds a very good idea 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.