Panter
Participant
@panter

http://www.thelondontattooconvention.com/

Anyone going? been before? what are they like?
As a newb I’ve never been to one. Except for the blurb on the website, what can I expect?

Cheers,

Chris

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

holy shit there is some serious talent that is going to be there.
Are you planning on getting work done?
I don’t know about conventions on that side of the pond but here pretty much a big room or rooms filled with booths which have one or more tattoo artist in them pounding ink into peoples skin. The both is usually a table with books and art and crap on it and a couple of people sitting behind it. that being said I love them what a kick in the pants, I love getting tattooed at them mainly 2 reasons the quality of artist that you can get with a small amount of planning and that getting tattooed with people walking around and watching is very distracting from the pain.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Cheers Buttwheat, I didn’t have a clue what went on.
I’m not planning on getting anything done just yet, mine won’t be complete until November so I won’t have any cash until after then, just interested whether it was worth having a look or not.
would definitely like to have a nose round and see top artists at work.

I wasn’t going to get any more ink at all, but I’ve decided to get a couple more, life’s too short…

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would advise going. Most artist are pretty accessible to talk to. Have fun.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Cheers for that, will do

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I’m bumping this since it is this weekend.
My artist Cory Norris will be there.
All you that are within a 5 hour drive should go.

Adler
Participant
@adler

That’s an amazing artist list at that convention.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Hopefully some of the UK members will find the time to go and maybe get some work done.
Or at least take some pics.

Panter
Participant
@panter

Sadly I don’t think I’m going to be able to get there now, cash is tight this Month due (ironically) to my tattoo.

Anyone else going?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

The london convention is one of the bery best in the world. U should go.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

im gonna go to this with some friends in 2012, anyone know when the dates get released and tickets go on sale because the last time i looked it still had all the 2011 stuff up, even though it was in september! 😀

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i think im going to go to the 2012 one also. coming from usa and its one of the best conventions in the world.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

ah brilliant! anyone got any info on this? it’ll be the first time i’ve been to any kind of convention other than Crufts! lol

Panter
Participant
@panter

The link is the same as last Year http://www.thelondontattooconvention.com/

Anyone interested in meeting up for this?
Also, if anyone is travelling from the other side of the pond, I’m more than happy to help out finding accommodation etc (but sadly can’t put anyone up as we only have a 2 bedroom place)

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

There was some really good talent at the Liverpool convention also that has just been.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.