Amok
Participant
@amok
Clemson12;96917 wrote:
I didn’t say I wasn’t willing to drive an hour for a tattoo. I said I wasn’t willing to drive an hour for a DRAWING of a tattoo…one that once I see it actually drawn out I may not even like. And I don’t expect them to work for free, but the shops around here basically want you to commit to getting the tattoo if you want them to do anything at all. But I am kinda hesitant to get one now because if it turns me into an asshole like most everyone I’ve heard from so far then I don’t know if I could take it.

Good idea, I don’t think you should get one either.

hutongsa
Participant
@hutongsa

Everyone has their own opinon when they getting a tattoos , so you are attempt to know what their opinon from tattoo design

Clemson12
Participant
@clemson12
Amok;96919 wrote:
Good idea, I don’t think you should get one either.

I’ll have to check with my doctor, but maybe there’s some sort of antibiotic or something you can take that keeps the asshole attitude from getting in your system whenever you get a tattoo. I’ll let you know what I find out but it may be too late for you anyways.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Clemson12;96928 wrote:
I’ll have to check with my doctor, but maybe there’s some sort of antibiotic or something you can take that keeps the asshole attitude from getting in your system whenever you get a tattoo. I’ll let you know what I find out but it may be too late for you anyways.

People are just giving you honest opinions dude.

Clemson12
Participant
@clemson12
Wardy;96929 wrote:
People are just giving you honest opinions dude.

And I’m giving mine back…?

Clemson12
Participant
@clemson12

Kinda annoying how everybody on here wants you to tell what it is what you want, knowing that even when you do they’re just gonna keep playing broken records with the “go to a tattoo parlor…” or “nobody’s gonna draw anything for free”.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Clemson12;96913 wrote:
Well there’s 2 ways if could possibly be done. The basic idea of both though is to do the James Hetfield tattoo with the 4 poker cards, the numbers representing his birth year. In my case it would represent my graduation year (2014), so if you guys have any recommendation for how to represent that year with cards (mainly because it’s got a 0 in it) then throw it out there. The best I could come up with was 2, Joker, Ace, and 4. The cards will also have some sort of Clemson theme also. But here’s my 2 ideas:

1) I thought about making the joker have a small tiger standing up as if it were a person with a little jokers hat on his head. Then at the top, instead of flames, having a tiger crouched down as if it were stalking prey with it’s mouth open. Then at the bottom in the scroll writing “Clemson University”.

2) The other version would be to keep the same bottom part with “Clemson University” in the scroll, but rather than having the tiger on top, it would be tearing through the cards, lunging out towards the viewer.

The tattoo shops that I went to didn’t even attempt to draw it (acted like they didn’t comprehend it) mainly because they don’t draw unless you’re planning on getting your tattoo there. And the closest place that I would even consider getting one is an hour away, and I’m not making that drive just for a drawing.

How about having the Clemson tiger playing cards. In card games where cards have a number value most of the time the jack is worth 10 you could use that.
And to be honest with you an hours drive for a quality tattoo really is not that big deal. Many of us have gone across country or to other countries for a tattoo. So saying you don’t want to drive an hour for a drawing sounds pretty silly to us here. maybe you can email the artist with your idea.
I think your first step is to find the artist you want to do it, Then contact him via the phone, email or in person and bounce some ideas off of him.

But on your idea lose the scroll I don’t think you need it if you have a tiger. Or just have a paw print on the cards.

Good luck

Amok
Participant
@amok
Clemson12;96928 wrote:

Ask your doctor if he can give you something for stupidity while you’re there.

Adler
Participant
@adler

Unless you’re planning on this to be pretty damn big I think you’re trying to fit too much into this one tattoo. Maybe that’s why the other artists didn’t want to work with you…or it’s your attitude. Don’t worry about the tattoo turning you into an asshole, it sounds like you’ve got a good head start on that already. Just because you’re not getting the response you wanted you start calling names? The advise you’ve been given is accurate, an artist isn’t going to do a free drawing for you to then go get tattooed somewhere else. If you don’t like the original sketch the artist will work with you to tweak it to what you want, assuming it can be translated into a tattoo (which not all concepts in your mind can be). If you find a good artist, listen to them if they say it can’t be done properly. Pay for a deposit and work with the artist on a sketch that will work for both of you and then get the damn tattoo from the artist who did the drawing…that’s how it works. If you can’t accept the fact that this is how tattoos are created and paid for then you definitely are not ready to get this or any other tattoo. Good luck.

Amok
Participant
@amok

Lol Adler. You just said everything that I wanted to say, but couldn’t be bothered typing. Some people can’t handle the truth when it’s not sugar-coated and handed to them wrapped in a fucking rainbow.

Adler
Participant
@adler
Amok;96947 wrote:
Lol Adler. You just said everything that I wanted to say, but couldn’t be bothered typing. Some people can’t handle the truth when it’s not sugar-coated and handed to them wrapped in a fucking rainbow.

Thanks, I figured what the hell I’ll start writing. Although I’m sure I’ll now be called an asshole too, but that’s ok because I’m proud to be one. I still use an old George Carlin line…”I’m an asshole, well meaning but still an asshole.” So I’ve been considered a “well-meaning asshole” for many years and I’m damn proud of it!

Amok
Participant
@amok

They should have bumper stickers with that quote

InkedArky
Participant
@inkedarky

Clem my worthless advise that you will ignore is have some reference material when you go to the shop then look at the Artist’s portfolio when you find one you think will get you’re concept PAY him to draw you up a Tattoo if you like it great if not you can give him feedback on it and if that doesn’t work be glad you only spent 50 bucks or so not 500 on something you hate.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Haha I’m the nice guy in this thread. WTF is this backwards day or something?

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;97023 wrote:
Haha I’m the nice guy in this thread. WTF is this backwards day or something?

Personally i think you have a soft spot. Really your like a big cuddly teddy bair.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.