imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
rksvn;89096 wrote:
Yep, got it the first time, you hate the idea. Way to convey the point.

You might want to ease down on the generalizations though – apples and oranges. What you consider ‘not-lame’ i might consider kitsch and overdone.

Don’t let anyone push you around to thinking your idea is lame… it’s not like you’re some chick who’s coming here asking about some damn ass target tattoo. Like you said, what one person thinks is art, another person thinks it’s a piece of shit. Your idea is fine and if an decent artist refuses to do it, that shop and that artist loses money.

Fuck the haters. That’s all you need to say, cause who gives a shit what anyone thinks about your idea, your tattoo(s).

I get asked on occasion who has done my ink… I tell them the the city and shop name if I can remember, cause damn if I remember the artist from 3, 5, 10 years ago. 😮

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
imperial1904;89070 wrote:
Wow… that’s way out there now.

Most decent artists won’t touch it cause it’s lame? They’re there to do a job and make money. If someone wanted a dick tattooed on their cheek, the artist (any artist) should do it because it’s their job and they got bills to pay too. It holds no artistic value and they don’t want their name attached to it? I don’t think getting a tattoo someone wants has to have any artistic value to the artist and it’s not like the artist is tattooing their name to the piece… and really, how often are people going to ask “who tattooed you?”.

Not trying to start shit, but just being realistic. 😉

im prolly late to the party, but most “highly sought after” artists are very picky about what they will tattoo so what borat said makes perfect sense. do you really think someone like nikko will do a tribal armband?

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
imperial1904;89075 wrote:
You should take your own advise there, moron. :p

So you’re saying you’ve never seen a well respected artist, well into his/her career, tattoo something as simple as silhouettes of bats?

Now racist, gang related, etc. tattoos, that’s a good point.

Good posts… Ami James!! 😀

*whoosh*

Hear that? That’s the point going over your head.

A good artist typically won’t do a poorly designed piece no matter how much a customer wants it. Not if they’re any good. Once again, tattooing works by word of mouth. Every piece you put out there is an advertisement. But I’ve already said that in much greater detail, but you focused on the part where I think you’re a jackass. I shouldn’t be surprised really–that is the jackass move here.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
KnightHawk;89105 wrote:
*whoosh*

Hear that? That’s the point going over your head.

A good artist typically won’t do a poorly designed piece no matter how much a customer wants it. Not if they’re any good. Once again, tattooing works by word of mouth. Every piece you put out there is an advertisement. But I’ve already said that in much greater detail, but you focused on the part where I think you’re a jackass. I shouldn’t be surprised really–that is the jackass move here.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Umm, yeah… ok.

Anyway, it’s over and done with… moving on.

irish the hired gun
Participant
@irish-the-hired-gun

Any time you have an idea for a tattoo, it is wise to let the tattoo artist make the necessary changes to make it a good tattoo. From my experience this usually means using the idea and tossing the original drawing. There’s a reason we get paid for our talents. So don’t get upset when your artist tells you he or she need to change it.

rksvn
Participant
@rksvn

Well, yes, that’s what i said in the beginning what some people seem to miss – it’s not going to be what i drew, i’ll show the drawing to the artist, tell him what i absolutely DON’T want it to turn into and let him do his thing.

imperial1904
Participant
@imperial1904
irish the hired gun;89187 wrote:
Any time you have an idea for a tattoo, it is wise to let the tattoo artist make the necessary changes to make it a good tattoo. From my experience this usually means using the idea and tossing the original drawing. There’s a reason we get paid for our talents. So don’t get upset when your artist tells you he or she need to change it.

I agree there’s a reason we pay tattoo artists for their talent. But one about those times when a very skilled artist approaches a highly talented tattoo artist with his/her drawing of what they want and the tattoo artist changes the drawing to his/her version and makes it look shitty compared to the original?? :confused:

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.