poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I got a one-shot tattoo from Carlos Torres a month ago…
    And in the process of finding an artist got positive replies from several of the best artists in the industry who didn’t mind doing a one-session piece. This was at conventions though where things are a bit different 🙂 But shouldn’t really be an issue. There is always that 3-4hr opening on some days that’s just impossible to fill. Even the best hhave to do touch ups etc, so I’m guessing they’ll have some.

toosday
    Participant
    @toosday

Thanks for the feedback. Its giving me a more positive outlook. I just feel like I’m so out of my league, trying to find a surgeon when all I need is a band aid. But all I read is that artist choice is so critical, and so, I’ll try to trust someone again. Anyway, I hope to hear back soon from the shop I emailed, hopefully they dont just ignore me.

toosday
    Participant
    @toosday

Hmm. How long a wait is long enough to move on to a different shop? I contacted rebel muse and haven’t heard a peep yet but it’s only been a couple days.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

You can contact more than one shop at a time…

Some will take weeks, some will never answer, some have one specific day a week to answer e-mails etc, some are crazy busy and will get to you when they get to you.
    Also depends on what you wrote. If you wrote “hey I want a tattoo when is an artist available?” You’ll probably never get an answer. If you request a specific artist, give me a location, size (not “big, but not too big…” or anything vague like that) and tell them what you actually want, or at least a picture of your current work and what you’d like to change/if you want a cover up etc, you’ll get an answer when they’re available. Also depends if what you want is within their styles etc. If you contact a realism artist for a tribal, you’re unlikely to get a serious reply anytime soon :p

But yeah. An e-mail doesn’t actually commit you to anything… I recently e-mailed about 15 artists about the same convention!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

And a quick search tells me Liz Cook doesn’t even do rework/cover ups on new clients at the moment, but she has a very nice form on her webpage on what info she needs to book an appointment (which also says that there will be a delay in responses due to popularity), which may tell you what info they actually need; Liz Cook Tattoo :

Most of the artists working there also do have their own webpages with contact forms, info on what they prefer to do ++++

toosday
    Participant
    @toosday

Yes I noticed that Liz’s page describes that a tattoo idea has to be submitted and “accepted” before moving forward, which that is sort of off-putting but then I guess that’s the whole purpose.

It looked like David has some of the best linework, tho his page says he’s only been tattooing a few years. But he’s amazing nonetheless. I visited his site and reached out to him. I tried to describe what I have and what I want, about how I would be looking for an add on but not a cover up, and listed a couple things I’d thought of but would be interested to hear ideas. And that I would not be wanting a large piece.

Ur right I can contact lots of shops but honestly I’d be scared to take any more chances on mediocre artists. And there’s almost nothing to choose from around me from what I can tell. Rebel muse is about 3 hrs away.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep all of those things in mind. I will keep waiting. Maybe in a week or so I’ll hear something.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.