GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Amok 125600 wrote:

Not sure why you’d want a tattoo of someone who’s sodomised boys, pimped out underage girls and violently murdered a bunch of people, but ok.

This tattoo captures many of the reasons people with tattoos get bad stereotypes.

This is dumb, but I wouldn’t want to be alone with someone who had a tattoo like that. And this is from a person who worked in a drug house (as a nurse).

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@GrayCatLove 125617 wrote:

This tattoo captures many of the reasons people with tattoos get bad stereotypes.

This is dumb, but I wouldn’t want to be alone with someone who had a tattoo like that. And this is from a person who worked in a drug house (as a nurse).

Nor would I hire a person with such a tattoo.

Original six
    Participant
    @original-six

I dont condone or agree or defend what he did or didnt do. Im just fascinated with the phycolagy behibd all criminals and killers not just Manson. It intrests me. And to jusdge someone based on a tattoo is small minded.

argedion
    Participant
    @argedion

@Original six 125628 wrote:

And to jusdge someone based on a tattoo is small minded.

Welcome to the real world kid. People will see that and judge you by it. They will think your as sick or even sicker as he is. Very few will ever have the balls to ask you why they will just assume and judge you for it. Really bad move and not all that great of a tatt to begin with.

Zorba
    Participant
    @zorba

My question is simple: WHY?!!!!!

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

I only just noticed it said helter skeller haha.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Original six 125628 wrote:

I dont condone or agree or defend what he did or didnt do. Im just fascinated with the phycolagy behibd all criminals and killers not just Manson. It intrests me. And to jusdge someone based on a tattoo is small minded.

Body art says something about the person. Choice of body art says something about the person. I have been read for filth over my text tattoo, and that’s part of it. As someone else said, welcome to the real world.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I don’t think that you are going to face too much judgement, but only because this tattoo isn’t easily recognizable as Manson. The style you chose did not allow the artist to capture the “crazy” in his eyes, and that is Manson’s most identifiable feature – along with his forehead tattoo which, for the reason you explained, is not part of this tattoo. In fact the style gives it big “doe eyes” which is the opposite of crazy killer Manson eyes.

The poor lettering (it says either Hetter Sketter or Heller Skeller but not Helter Skelter) also means that people aren’t going to get a little look at this tattoo and immediately know who it is.

We all had an IMMEDIATE GUT REACTION to this piece, because you identified it to us before we even looked. And I’m sorry, knowing a person has a portrait of Charles Manson on their body makes people make immediate judgments, whether right or wrong, about them. It is purely instinctual because of what he represents to the world and to society. You may find him fascinating, many people do. He is still an animal and a psychopath and a killer.

But your body=your choice. You got it with full knowledge that it would be controversial, so you are gonna have to expect criticism and judgement. Maybe some scorn. At least you chose a location that will not be on full display to the world every day. And where you can enjoy it every time you sit on the toilet. (I don’t mean this last sentence in a bad way – the tattoo I see the most is the one on my thigh and that is when I see it. But I’m female so I probably spend more time sitting on the throne than you do.)

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@Dipland 125606 wrote:

I think Bert’s question revolves around the actual tattooed words. Likely, he knows about “Helter Skelter. However, on the the tattoo, the L and the T are identical. To Bert it looks like Heller Skeller; to me it looks like Hetter Sketter. It is not a well done “portrait”. I am also curious as to why you want Charles Manson.

Maybe your next will be Adolf Hitler?

Didn’t even notice that, lols.

Original six
    Participant
    @original-six

Ive seen a few al copone tattoos isnt that just as bad?

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy

One of the guy’s who works at the studio i go to (Nick Devine) there 2 of my good friends and he has a charles manson portrait on he’s right arm in a sketch style all linework and that’s cool i think. Nothing wrong with someone getting a portrait of someone they like or think is cool.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

@Amok 125650 wrote:

Didn’t even notice that, lols.

Comparing Al Capone to Charles Manson is like comparing a paper cut to a gunshot wound. And I’m done with this thread.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

You can justify this tattoo any way you want to it still remains a big pile of steaming shit of a big pile of steaming shit

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@GrayCatLove 125617 wrote:

@Sam-I-Am 125620 wrote:

Nor would I hire a person with such a tattoo.

@argedion 125629 wrote:

Welcome to the real world kid. People will see that and judge you by it. They will think your as sick or even sicker as he is. Very few will ever have the balls to ask you why they will just assume and judge you for it. Really bad move and not all that great of a tatt to begin with.

You guys are missing one big factor. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t walk around in a speedo. So noone will judge him cause noone will see it. And the people that will see it KNOW him and aren’t going to judge him.

Sam….you should stop strip searching people before you hire them. 😉

While personally I don’t care for it, I can dig the reasoning.
    I have a leather face but I don’t wear human masks.
    I have the devil on my forearm. But Im no devilworshiper.

Its funny how so many have used the word “judge” I’m pretty sure original six (like myself and most of you)
    Really don’t give a jit what other people think.

By the way….who the heck is Charles Manson…….wasn’t that crap like 40 years ago or something?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Original six 125654 wrote:

Ive seen a few al copone tattoos isnt that just as bad?

In my opinion, yes.
    But, you’re the one wearing it. If this one didn’t have “Helter Skelter” I wouldn’t know who it was.
    From Indiana Jones Quest for the Holy Grail…. Choose Wisely.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.