buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Cypher;96036 wrote:
I’m quite concerned about it…

Really? I don’t think anyone has noticed.

Cypher
Participant
@cypher
buttwheat;96043 wrote:
Really? I don’t think anyone has noticed.

It’s my first tattoo… i think it’s quite normal to be concerned… btw what do you think about the tattoo? is it good? healing good?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Cypher;96044 wrote:
It’s my first tattoo… i think it’s quite normal to be concerned… btw what do you think about the tattoo? is it good? healing good?

It looks like it is healing just fine. It looks like you will have a couple of scabbed areas just remember to never pick at it.

The tattoo look reasonable well done. Oh and congrats on your first

Cypher
Participant
@cypher
buttwheat;96046 wrote:
It looks like it is healing just fine. It looks like you will have a couple of scabbed areas just remember to never pick at it.

The tattoo look reasonable well done. Oh and congrats on your first

Thanks 🙂

Just an advise… should i put more lotion? i’m putting 3 times a day a small amount…

Adler
Participant
@adler

For what it is it looks pretty good and seems to be healing normally. Applying lotion 3x per day should be fine.

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

If I was you, I’d apply lotion once a day when it gets itchy, besides that just leave it alone. It looks like it’s healing great.

I got my newest ink on Wednesday, and I haven’t put any lotion, or ointment on it at all.

Cypher
Participant
@cypher

It isn’t itchy at all, just a few times and it’s nothing insuportable… i’m putting lotion cause i feel the wings area a bit dry.. when i move my arms i feel the skin streching a little bit and i don’t want to crack the thin rough layer i have there…

I guess that area is creating more scabs cause it was the area the artist had a more heavier hand to fill all the lines with ink…

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

Scabs cracking is inevitable. Too much moisture is what can ruin the healing process. but if you are doing it in small amounts, then you have nothing to worry about

JSho
Participant
@jsho

I’ve been told SO many different things when it comes to the healing process. My artist told me to wait until it was so dry that it looked like it was cracking to put lotion on it. I had another artist tell me that I needed to keep it from getting dry and looking like it was cracking because that’s what ruined tattoos. I’ve been washing mine with soap and then putting lotion on it about 3-4 times a day. Hopefully that’s not too much. Not sure you can really “ruin” it either way? I’ll be going in for touchups once mine stops peeling and it’s healed…which I’ve been told is about 4-6 weeks?

Yours is looking good, in my opinion. I’ve only had 2 tattoos so far though 🙂

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

the way I look at it is this.
If you get a cut on you arm, and it scabs, do you put lotion on it daily? 99% of the time no, your cut scabs up and you leave it and it heals up.

The only time on a cut or wound that you want to put ointment or whatever is when it happens right away, to stop infection and any bacteria / germs that may have entered the cut while it was fresh and open. It’s why artists put alcohol on the tattoo, to completely clean the area, then they wrap it, and say to leave it for 3 hours or so. That way, within 3 hours, the wound has closed up and infection can no longer get in (basically). Anyways, my point is this, don’t over think the healing process, the healing process for your body is 99% your body, the 1% can be influenced by ointments, but for the most part, the ointments are for adding a slight bit of moisture to a dry area to avoid the itching.

Again, like I said, don’t over think healing a tattoo. Keep it out of the sun, and don’t soak it in water, make sure air can get at it,and you will be just fine. Ointment and lotions are NOT needed for any healing of a tattoo.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
JSho;96112 wrote:
I’ll be going in for touchups once mine stops peeling and it’s healed…which I’ve been told is about 4-6 weeks?

Why it looks fine?

Parademic;96118 wrote:
Keep it out of the sun, and don’t soak it in water, make sure air can get at it,and you will be just fine. Ointment and lotions are NOT needed for any healing of a tattoo.

This is great advice

Cypher
Participant
@cypher

Yeah, there’s a lot of different ways to treat a new tattoo and that’s the main cause to have so many people confused about it (like me)… i’m just washing it one time in the morning and another in before going to bed… leaving it to dry out for 30min before putting a little amount of lotion…

But i think i’ll stop washing 2 times a day, to only wash it when i normally take a shower (1 time a day)… lotion i’l continue to put cause i don’t like the feeling of the skin streching to much… We’ll see how it goes…

In a few day i’ll put another photo for you all to see how it’s coming up 🙂

Thank u all for all your advices… it certainly had maked me less nervous 🙂

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Just when I thought mine was almost healed…

Its been looking much better the last day or two, after really itching and flaking on Thursday and Friday. Then, after I get out of the shower this morning, pat it off and let it dry out for a while, it’s all cracking and dry again! I lotioned it up again, but it’s still really dry and cracked.

Anyone ever had a second round on the dry and cracked phase? Since it was felling and looking better over the weekend, I backed off the lotion and stuff (once in the AM, once before bed). This aftercare confusion is the worst…

Adler
Participant
@adler

Actually, yes, I have experienced a secound round of peeling also. It’s normal, just keep doing wht you’re doing and be patient becaue they all heal slightly differently. Most tattoos aren’t fully healed until about a month anyway.

JSho
Participant
@jsho

Hey buttwheat, thanks for saying it looks ok. Appreciate that!
However, since the last pic I posted, the last couple of letters have faded quite a bit after the peeling phase. They don’t look like they belong with the rest of the tattoo. I’m going to wait to do any coverups or anything for a few months and see how I feel about the tattoo then. But after it’s healed I’m going to see the original artist and have him touch up the last few letters so they are the same consistency as the rest of the word 🙂 I’ll just feel better when all the letters are the same consistency and look like they all belong as one word.

http://twitpic.com/6gjovu

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.