Rider68
Participant
@rider68

Looks great so far. Can’t wait to see it as it progresses.

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

I can’t tell about the line-work from that distance. Can you get us a couple of close-ups?

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

I think it looks fine! The left wing is definitely lighter than the rest of the tattoo; weird.

FWIW, I found that part of my problem with losing too much ink in the finished product, is that I was using Dial soap for too long, and too often. It dried the tattoo out too much, so I use the Dial for the first 2 days, then actually switched to Ivory soap. I also use Aquaphor for maybe 2 days, then switch to lotion as soon as possible. My big, VERY colorful shoulder-blade tattoo healed up with NO need for a touch up, which my artist was pretty amazed with.:)

Your angel is going to be such a badass piece when it’s finished.

Despoina
Participant
@despoina

Really nice until now, Wait to see it finished 🙂

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Thank you very much for the input everybody. Like i said earlier in the post the left wing did not heal right so it is lighter but it will look like the right wing ( which is obviously not completely finished).
Thanks for the tip on the dial soap, thats what i have been using and now i switched to a more moisture friendly soap. I also have been completely dry healing the newest session and its turning out great. Only one day of a light layer of AandD ointment.
The scale line work is dark because its more in the foreground while the window is in the background giving it a luminoustic effect. I agree the mouth is a tad bit dark, but it also shows the shadow since she is looking up towards the light.
This pic gives the art no justice it looks raw as fuck in person.

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

looks pretty good from back here, but how ’bout a close-up?

maniacthw
Participant
@maniacthw
TaherH;77979 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback everybody. It’s being done by Litos at Forbiddenimages in Newp Port Ricjie, Florida.
Its been 4 days since i got it done and im starting to get concerned. I did everything he said to do( put the ointment on for 3 days and then let it heal on its own after that) and it looks totally different. I realize tattoos are the darkest right when you get them, but it started peeling on the second day and a large majority of the color fell out with the skin. Its a drastic change in what it looks like now to how it looked the first day i got it. I’m gonna get it touched up by i dont want this happening every session i have. Any tips would really help!!!

I had the same problem with my skull. It’ll darken back up once the skin heals. It looks so light because the skin is growing back over a fresh cut. In my case, my skull looks like it was missing spots… I was freaked out.

Johnzy
Participant
@johnzy

You really shouldn’t stop putting something on it for atleast a week! My personal opinion is for the first three days wash and use A&D ointment three to 4 times a day if able. After the third day use uncented NON alcohol lotion. I’ve always had good luck with that. You also have to understand that anytime you have a lot of black there will always be spots that may turn out lighter than wanted and will need touched up. There is a lot of work there so just gotta keep that in mind!

The tattoo idea looks awesome! Keep us all posted.

Jacs_024
Participant
@jacs_024

wow i reaaally like that dude!

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

Thanks for all the opinions and tips guys its really helping me out through this tattoo process

TaherH
Participant
@taherh

reefdiver
Participant
@reefdiver

very nice……………

ithompson
Participant
@ithompson

That’s amazing, congratulations!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

It looks great. seems the wings are really faded.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.