Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

The new work looks pretty good. It will really come together with some color or more shading… but I think the line work is not bad at all!

I still stand by the flaming fart though 🙂

Dukeevans
Participant
@dukeevans

Looks good man. Who was the artist? RAF? Or somebody else?

evoxbeck
Participant
@evoxbeck

Bobby Lockhart haha. he’s my artist from now on fo sho. I met Raf today though, he came in the shop. BUT yes, Bobby is gonna redo my flaming fart, Gsouder 😉 sorry.. haha

Also, yes, I only paid for an outline. As he told me at the end of the two hour session, He was like oh shit, I kinda started shading. Ah good on your part haha. I was like appreciate and continue after my next pay check. When I get it completely done. He is incorporating my flame farts into the top part with something completely different haha.

Morwin Nerdbane
Participant
@morwin-nerdbane

New work looks sweet. Flames are laughable.

Also dude. I lost my dad when I was young but you don’t flaunt your loss to emotionally bribe people into liking your tattoo. Not fucking cool AT ALL! A shit tattoo is a shit tattoo whether your mum died or not and that, my friend, is a shit tattoo

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

the new work looks great! not sure how you got waves out of the shit on your lower back, but the new piece looks good so far

evoxbeck
Participant
@evoxbeck

DSC_0052-3.jpg

Bdubbs
Participant
@bdubbs
evoxbeck;74023 wrote:
Well thank you for your great response, I was looking for. I just feel flowers on a guy is kinda strange, but then again, its what is is toward that counts. I wanted to get a guardian angel on my upper back, under the left wing my mothers name in script and her bday and passing date. then under my right wing my dads name and bday..

Once again, thank you for your response Duke.

Greatly appreciated

You have NO idea how many guys have flower tattoos! I have a full sleeve with japanese style flowers and just added a koi fish at the bottom. My artist has a flower neck tattoo. I’ve had great compliments on my sleeve.

sleeve.jpg

tatcanvas
Participant
@tatcanvas

Sorry dude but atm it looks kinda weak, it’s lucky you posted this early on, i’m with duke, save ya pennies and wait till you can get some serious work done, don’t make money an issue good tattoos aren’t cheap and cheap tattos aren’t good, do a bit of shopping around for your artist and i mean artist, check his or her work out, a good tattooist will have an album full of pictures of his/her work in their shop, go through a few of those with a fine tooth comb and really look at the quality of his/her work then move on to another shop and do the same, have a chat to these guys and tell them some of your ideas and see what sort of response you get and view their adittude, a tattoosit who is inspired to do your work will do great work on your piece it’s just like your adittude towards something you might be working on if you enjoy it, it will turn out better than if you hate it. Personally i would go some flowers manly ones of course with some waves and maybe even a few words from a passage or a song that reminds you of her, what you have could easily be turned into something along those lines. Good luck bro, peace

evoxbeck
Participant
@evoxbeck

Well I like my upper back tattoo, my artist is legit, I went off of someone’s referal to go to jungle where he goes 8hrs round trip and I couldn’t be any more happier with the work the man has done on me. My upper back is like my new baby lol. and sorry for insulting you Bdubbs, your image you posted looks legit. I guess I was thinking of the total opposite ‘flower’ concept than was mentioned.

Peace
Evox

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied
evoxbeck;75380 wrote:
DSC_0052-3.jpg

I can’t really tell what it is. I had to search through this thread and came upon the big outline of this tattoo. The bottom looks like to be a body on the ground but the shading and cluster done to it makes it look like a pancake feeling with no separation of color of the two bodies. I think it looks awkward placed like that with no background piece to set the setting. It’s just there. Maybe through time, make a whole back piece in a theme to make it stick out & pop better.

NeverBSatisfied
Participant
@neverbsatisfied

Looking at it more closely, it also looks to be crooked and tilted to the left. It’s minor, but noticeable.

evoxbeck
Participant
@evoxbeck

I actually have a slight case of scoliosis…. runs in the family.

Naomi
Participant
@naomi

Hi I apologise if this is in the wrong place but I cant seem to work out how to post. Admins feel free to move this if necessary. I just have a question and was hoping to get as many answers as possible to it?

Basically, if you were to get a tattoo, would you want an individual one or would you share one with another person, or more people. so say five of you had separate pieces and when you got together you could make a whole. It could be a family thing. Would you get just lines? Or an actual picture with shading and colours? I really want to know whether it would mean more to be part of a shared piece of art which might not look so rational by itself but it would be like you were all carrying something with you? what do people think?

MLOC
@

no hate, tell me what you think 🙂

Listen evoxbeck, it must not be what you want if your bothered by what people say on here. You asked and you got fair and honest opinions, if you get upset over them then it`s something that your not happy with.
The main thing is if YOUR happy with it then that`s all that matters…..but it does look shit!

evoxbeck
Participant
@evoxbeck

Request of my own thread being removed. Thanks for all your inputs I just would rather my thread be deleted

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • The topic ‘So tuesday I got my first of many..’ is closed to new replies.