Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69
fearlesspunk;73668 wrote:
Look like a great tattoo but not so sure on the scales on the koi fish.. They are suppose to be rounded at the ends but it just looks like a diamond shape to me.. Was it suppose to look like that? Is that his kind of artistic vision of a Koi?

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Was overseas and had little access to get on this site.

Yes, he does both but he thought it would look good and I can’t say I disagree.

We just completed another six hour session last week and here are some pictures. It was more shading and if I were to make a fairly educated guess, I’d say it’s going to be another 6-10 hours before this thing is completed. Total time invested so far 15 hours.

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

I will try to get some better pictures once it’s all done peeling this week and put them up.

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

That looks great! Thanks for coming back and updating.

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

Thanks!

Glad to be back and to continue this project. Got a lot of catching up to do since I haven’t been on the forum for more than a few minutes in the last four months!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Nice start that is clean as fuck

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

the windbars on the chest plate is sick. horiken is dope. well everyone at SOG is awesome…

stubarber
Participant
@stubarber

Lookin’ very clean.
All b&g or are you going to do accept colors?

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

Thanks, dudes.

Yeah, it’s going to end up getting color. Probably around April when I get my next chance to knock off 6 more hours. Hopefully it’ll be done before the end of summer. Depends more on my schedule than anything and now that I’m an eastcoaster it’s harder to just “cruise to San Jose” than when I lived in Calistan. 😉

pberge
Participant
@pberge

Looking really good man. I think I would go crazy if I had to wait so long between sessions.

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

Another six hours lined up in early August when I get back from this rotation. Should be close to completion. If it isn’t I’m coming back a few weeks later for another six hour session to get it done! CANNOT WAIT! 😀

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

After another six hour session in early August, I managed to finally snap some halfway decent pics. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks and being back at work is actually providing me with a break!

Here are the pictures:

DSCN0943.jpg

DSCN0948-Version2.jpg

DSCN0946.jpg

Horiken estimated that we’d need one more session to finish up. We weren’t sure until the last minute whether to go with Black and Grey or Color. Looks like we’ll be making that final call in October when I go see him for the final touches on this.

It’s been a long project, 17 hours so far, and being a tattoo virgin I had no clue what I was getting myself into. Now that I’m a badass I can completely envision where it’s going next when I meet up with Horikitsune in London in early November. The stoke’s building! 😀

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Throw some color at it and make it pop.
Congrats on a good looking tattoo.

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

Awesome tattoo! I am seriously jealous of you right now. I’d love something like that on my left arm.

Get some color, you’ll be pissed later if you don’t.

Nomad69
Participant
@nomad69

@Buttwheat – Thanks dude and it’s going to get color in my next and hopefully final sitting, which should be next month when I get back to the real world.

@Briscogun
– Thanks for the props! It seems like forever since I started this whole project but I’m loving how just when I get used to it another six hours of work change it up completely. Once it’s finished I’m probably going to stare at my ink all day long! And color is definitely happening.

Amok
Participant
@amok

That’s shithot man, congratulations. Colour is gonna make that thing pop.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

I’m not usually a fan of Japanese style, but I like this one. The shading through the chest plate is cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.