seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

I’m new to this forum and I cant believe all the “I love it” type comments on here — surely not everyone likes everyone elses tattoos ?

– very few people seem to criticise others art ?
– that said – not liking someones work is totally different to judging their right to have it ( or indeed where they have it !) -saying I wouldn’t personally have a tattoo on my neck isn’t intended to slag someone for having one there – just giving an opinion thats all .

– this site would be a pretty dull one if there was no disagreements on it – and just because one person has tattoos doesn’t and shouldn’t stop them from disliking another’s preferences regarding tattoos !!

– don’t get so defensive if someone doesn’t like your work or where it is —- surely you came on here for an opinion – good or bad ?

– some of the stuff on here seems crap to me but if the owner is happy with it , that’s more important than my opinion and I’d rather be polite and a bit non-commital than slag their work off.

CourtneyLS99
Participant
@courtneyls99

Personally, I like it. I don’t understand what the big deal is.

Joker1
Participant
@joker1
seniorminnion;64750 wrote:
I’m new to this forum and I cant believe all the “I love it” type comments on here — surely not everyone likes everyone elses tattoos ?

– very few people seem to criticise others art ?
– that said – not liking someones work is totally different to judging their right to have it ( or indeed where they have it !) -saying I wouldn’t personally have a tattoo on my neck isn’t intended to slag someone for having one there – just giving an opinion thats all .

– this site would be a pretty dull one if there was no disagreements on it – and just because one person has tattoos doesn’t and shouldn’t stop them from disliking another’s preferences regarding tattoos !!

– don’t get so defensive if someone doesn’t like your work or where it is —- surely you came on here for an opinion – good or bad ?

– some of the stuff on here seems crap to me but if the owner is happy with it , that’s more important than my opinion and I’d rather be polite and a bit non-commital than slag their work off.

So… we’re not supposed to like it or dislike it??

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It is like anything we have likes and dislikes – nothing wrong with saying you don’t like somebody’s ink but what we try to encourage is why a person don’t like it.

This could be constructive criticism on line work or design or simply it just is not my taste thing.

To shred into somebody on a personal level is a different thing just because you don’t like their ink.

Everybody knows I dislike skull and spider tattoos it is not my taste, and KH sure as hell openly dislikes asian themed tattoos (which I love and have a massive one on my back) – but we can still look at the work and go yep that is done well or improve it by doing X.

It is the same amount of effort to type something constructive about the positive parts of or changing the tattoo as writing you are a wanker for having that ink.

That is why I like this site to many others because I want constructive ideas to make my ink the best it is – if I want abuse i will just carry on in my everyday life. ๐Ÿ˜€

Take Care
Matthew

seniorminnion
Participant
@seniorminnion

you put that better than I did !! lol

– criticise yes — personally abuse someone for their choices – no !

AztecManiac
Participant
@aztecmaniac

i like it ๐Ÿ™‚

iMark
Participant
@imark
AztecManiac;64807 wrote:
i like it ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t.

That’s not to say it’s a good or a bad tattoo, just that it’s something which doesn’t appeal to me.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.