ArniVidar
@arnividar

I think he might have a hard time proving in court that this tattoo was not done the way he asked, especially considering the 3 sittings and it’s obvious from the first one it’s going to be rubbish. It would be word against word and if the tattooist could make a convincing argument that his customer was an idiot and he was just doing his job (thus proving himself to be an idiot at the same time, mind you) I doubt any legal issues could stick.

Then again, Americans are WAY to trigger-happy with their suits so who knows… maybe this is a basis for a whole new trend of suing your tattooist to get the price of the tattoo down.

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

OMG:eek: Is this a Joke laser that shit i mean there is nothing else to it your friend should have known when he saw the drawing that this guy didn’t know what he was doing. Not to mention that’s a terrible portfolio that should have triggered some part of his brain to say i gotta get the f*uck out of here.

Cheers
Marcus

30Hz
Participant
@30hz

So, I was sitting there and looked at the tattoo and I must of spent a good 5 minutes thinking,

“What in the world is that horrible black thing connecting the two…”women.”

I read further on and found out it was wings, hilarity ensued. Seriously though, that’s a horrid tattoo and I’d be ashamed to have it on me let alone publicly show it, even if it was my own design.

Otpuskayem
Participant
@otpuskayem

The artist made a terrible mistake in doing that tatoo, even if it was what the customer wanted. A professional tatto artist would have reworked the design to make it look presentable, or wouldn’t have done the tattoo at all.

phantom x
Participant
@phantom-x

what the fuck !…. laser time !!!!!!!!!!!

da8iwr
Participant
@da8iwr

Ive just done a little research into this as it worries me about the legal aspects for her (the tattooist).

http://www.beautytreatmentexpert.co.uk/tattoo-rights-tattoo-procedure-wrong.html

Quote:
Anyone who carries out any service for you is bound by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982, which states that anyone carrying out a service should do so with ‘reasonable skill and care’

This means that If the tattooist makes a mess of your tattoo, consumer law says he or she is in breach of their contract with you and you can claim financial or physical compensation.

This is to anybody who provides a service in exchange for money, not just a shop, but also a freelance home “scratcher”. So if this could ever go to court, then if the client can convince the magistrate that the tattoo isn’t as the he wanted, and has a low enough skill provided, then they are eligible for a refund plus compensation costs.

Mind you the the post they left on Face Book defending the tattoo is probably about as good a defense as your going to get lol 😀

http://www.simpsonmillar.co.uk/services/personalinjury/tattoo-injury-compensation.aspx
I checked a few other sites who also back this up, many being legal advisory and parasitic solicitor sites

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

looks childish to me. Yea…it’s fucked up

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

im just wondering why your in a flap about it if its not your tattoo or you havent done the tattoo :rolleyes:

da8iwr
Participant
@da8iwr
Butterfly_Kisses;59015 wrote:
im just wondering why your in a flap about it if its not your tattoo or you havent done the tattoo :rolleyes:

The tattoo artist used to be a very close friend of mine, and even though were not too close now as she moved away, i don’t want to see her getting into trouble or legal issues. She has started producing tattoos very recently, and everybody on Facebook was posting amazing feedback.

So i posted a few concerns like i showed on page 2 of this thread and was shouted down, so posting it on here and sending the link to this thread was the only way to show it is not just my opinion and others with a lot more experience in this art have similar views.

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf
da8iwr;59008 wrote:
Ive just done a little research into this as it worries me about the legal aspects for her (the tattooist).

http://www.beautytreatmentexpert.co.uk/tattoo-rights-tattoo-procedure-wrong.html

This is to anybody who provides a service in exchange for money, not just a shop, but also a freelance home “scratcher”. So if this could ever go to court, then if the client can convince the magistrate that the tattoo isn’t as the he wanted, and has a low enough skill provided, then they are eligible for a refund plus compensation costs.

Mind you the the post they left on Face Book defending the tattoo is probably about as good a defense as your going to get lol 😀

http://www.simpsonmillar.co.uk/services/personalinjury/tattoo-injury-compensation.aspx
I checked a few other sites who also back this up, many being legal advisory and parasitic solicitor sites

Yes of course the artist can be be taken to court and lose unless the artist had the client sign a waiver like you do in a real shop. She better hope that doesn’t happen. I think she might be able to get away with it if they were the only two around and there were no witnesses.

but on the other hand the justice system is funny and you never know.

@

The idea behind the art leaves far much to be desired.It looks like a rough draft of a tattoo that an artist was still currently working on.It looks like a pencil drawing

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

its a cool idea.. but seriously, if your not a good artist then why get a tattoo you drew exactly like you drew it, also the artist has a bad portfolio, if think tribals and a badly tatted dragon makes a good portfolio (your friend) then your stupid – the artist, too shouldve saw this drawing and either refused it, or re-drawn it to make it sharper, the shading has gaps in places where there shouldnt be gaps – really horrible :p

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

saying that, it can probably be made into a nice tattoo – maybe the square inbetween them could be made into 2 doors or lifts, with an arrow up above 1 and down above the other, and the piece can be re-lined, and shaded – its a decent idea as i say.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

trouble is its such a dark tattoo it will seriously be hard to fix :rolleyes:

Mmildf
Participant
@mmildf

To be honest that wont be hard to cover by my artists standards. The shop I go to has 4 guys that can cover anything and i’ve seen them cover way worse then that. You just got to find the right artist.

Cheers
Marcus

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.