Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have just had the next sitting of my backpiece and have totalled 9 hours so far.
We decided that on a piece this big to go just black and shade (my orig plan) would be a waste of art so I moved into the realm of my first colour tattoo!

Damn did it hurt lol.

😀

Here is the pics it is 10 mins old and after 4 hours is still bleeding ruined 2 shirts so far but cannot be helped. 🙁

I will get some better pics when it has healed a bit but I like the flow of using a mix to make aquamarine colour and adding some angry storm clouds and mist.

The downside was I was on the train home with my ipod on and I hear this woman shrieking a little and I looking around to find she is pointing at me.

I am like wtf?

Then this guy slaps me on the back (I could have ripped his head off it really bloody hurt :mad:)

He said your back is soaked with blood (I had a white tshirt on) I was like damn is it? (My own fault I took the dressing off had a quick shower at my stepfather’s and set off again)

The woman was going a bit ott saying he’s been stabbed or cut up and what about aids risk !

I was like I have just had a tattoo and I am HIV negative thanks anyway.

The guy was oh sure your whole back?

I was like yes!

Anyhow the train conductor had called ahead and 2 British Transport Police were waiting for me.

I had to go with them take my shirt off prove it was the case with the tattoo and wait for my wife to arrive with a fresh shirt and dressing.

Kind of embarrassing.

Hoping to have the white highlights done in 2 weeks and prob get the tiger coloured in.

Take Care
Matthew

-DMD-
Participant
@dmd

oh my, this looks awesome!!!
im dying to see it finished

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

Thats looking real nice, im glad that they will be some colour 😉
how many more hours do you think ?

Injun
Participant
@injun

That is looking so sweet bro!! Can’t wait for you to get it finished so we can see the work all done!! Keep us updated!

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw

that is looking the dogs bollox mate….
i glad you changed your mind on the colour, i think it will realy pop once its finished.

so did he use his new machine on you ???

and as for those people on the train…. emote_Stupidpeople.gif

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Thanks peeps.

Means a lot to me – I get a whole crock of shit about my ink daily from work, family, and friends. It is nice to share with fellow enthusiasts. 🙂

The thing that annoyed me on the train is how ppl react. My reaction would have been to ask the person are they injured and do they require first aid.

Not screech on like some demented harpy and then try and have them arrested.

I will post up in about a week once the swelling has gone down.

Take Care
Matthew

ArniVidar
@arnividar

That’s just getting better and better. We’re just as excited as you are to see it finished 😀

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Those storm clouds look great, I’m glad you decided to go colour too.

As for that guy on the train, why the hell would you slap someone’s back when he thought you’d been stabbed or cut there? People these days.

I had the same problem, when I got a tattoo on my shoulder-blade I bled through the dressing and didn’t realise I had this palm sized blood patch on the back of my shirt, walking through the supermarket. Luckily it was only a green shirt, not white though!

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

That’s a crazy story! I can’t believe that woman reacted like that. As if you knew you were bleeding and just walking about all willy nilly.
I know what you mean about family giving crap about tattoos. My mom is very against them and recently my boyfriend got a 1/4 sleeve. I couldn’t ask him to hide it. We went to dinner with my mom and basically educated her on tattoos. I think by her seeing a normal person with a tattoo it helped to break down her stereotypes.

Your tat is looking great by the way!

Asenath83
Participant
@asenath83

Wow that’s amazing… *winces*.

Also the story to go with it made me laugh out loud quite literally. Just proves my theory that the majority of people are retards, and the sane ones are often not the ones you’d expect.

Jesse Bird
Participant
@jesse-bird

Wow, it looks great! I like the whole theme, and style. Waiting for an update.

CruisingComet
Participant
@cruisingcomet

That is looking really good Sherav, would be good to see a larger photo so we could see the detail a bit more mate, crazy story about the train 😎

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Peeps

Sorry for the delay RL has been unkind time wise and I am becoming a workaholic just to stay afloat. I am also finding those bloody stab vests a bastard – constant rubbing and sore patches on my tat – how do you law enforcement wear the damn things?

Anyhow here is some shots of the fourth sitting.

I am having next session on saturday and then a week after that. I am then taking a 1 month break and then a 2 month break just to give myself some healing space.

Take Care
Matthew

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

you have to wear a stab vest ?? what is your job again ? 😮
looking good i really like the blue and red together , had any problems with the red at all ?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Tana

I am a benefit fraud investigator and lets face it Leeds is

‘The thriving city of culture, music, and the second highest stabbing rate in the northern cities’ 😉

We have been doing a lot of the most dodgy areas and I have to pay for my own vest but claiming tax back. :p

The red was a bit more itchy than usual and the scabbing was more brittle – I was expecting a more serious reaction but seemed to get off quite lightly.

It did bleed a lot more than the other areas initially.

Glad you like the colour co-ord it was yours and keith’s suggestions that pushed me down the colour route and I am glad I did now.

Thank-you.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.