Pretty sure I would be the first person to get a blue liger…haha

Zorba
Participant
@zorba

Or a Luger…

newdragon
Participant
@newdragon

Tiger! but I like tigers. I find it best to talk to the artist and be guided by them

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

So after my consultation I realized this is going to cost way more than I thought. What is the etiquette on trying to go lower on price? I realize this is going to be expensive and I’m willing to pay, however he gave me a flat price (not hourly) and it’s way more than I thought. Do you have to just roll with the price or is negotiating appropriate??

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

@gobeavers 126120 wrote:

So after my consultation I realized this is going to cost way more than I thought. What is the etiquette on trying to go lower on price? I realize this is going to be expensive and I’m willing to pay, however he gave me a flat price (not hourly) and it’s way more than I thought. Do you have to just roll with the price or is negotiating appropriate??

Lol u want to negotiate with josh carlton? Good luck. U wanted to best, be prepared to pay for the best.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@gobeavers 126120 wrote:

NO NEGOTIATING. It costs what it costs. Many of the artists of that caliber charge by the piece instead of the hour – and that way at least you know going into the project what you are going to pay. I bet once you see how many hours it takes to do the work the price will not work out to as much per hour as the math that you are doing in your head now. The last time that I paid a flat rate for work done by a world class artist the piece took two sittings – and ended up being less per hour than I pay here locally. Am I happy with the tattoo? I’m over the fkn moon for it. It is a stunner.

So, my advice is to find the money and smile. What you get in return will be PRICELESS!! Remember you get to look at it for the rest of your life.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

@Call_me_Lola 126127 wrote:

NO NEGOTIATING. It costs what it costs. Many of the artists of that caliber charge by the piece instead of the hour – and that way at least you know going into the project what you are going to pay. I bet once you see how many hours it takes to do the work the price will not work out to as much per hour as the math that you are doing in your head now. The last time that I paid a flat rate for work done by a world class artist the piece took two sittings – and ended up being less per hour than I pay here locally. Am I happy with the tattoo? I’m over the fkn moon for it. It is a stunner.

So, my advice is to find the money and smile. What you get in return will be PRICELESS!! Remember you get to look at it for the rest of your life.

Let’s go on holiday lads, I think Lola can take it from here.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

@yodaddynukka 126126 wrote:

Lol u want to negotiate with josh carlton? Good luck. U wanted to best, be prepared to pay for the best.

Ha I was just wondering in case it was appropriate to ask. I wouldn’t call it negotiating, more expressing concern ha. I’m gonna break it in to 2 sessions anyway, so that’ll help I suppose.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

The LAST person I would haggle with is a one planning millions of needle pricks on my body.

If I was buying a roto-tiller on Craig’s List I may haggle.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

@Call_me_Lola 126127 wrote:

Appreciate the advice, honestly makes me feel much better about going forward with it at the high price. I guess it never hurts to ask a question on a forum, always get great advice! I’ll be sure to post pics when I get it, although it’s a few months out!

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Aw shucks, Wardy. You made me blush.

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I need one more piece of advice. First time around, I got an eagle (which I’m covering). I decided between an eagle and a lion, shy’d away from the lion because my friend has one on his chest. The tattoo didn’t turn out as planned, this time around, I’m pretty set on a lion. I already spoke with my friend (we see each other a few times a year, both have families now), and he’s okay with me getting something similar to him. Below is his tattoo…to be honest I want the mane to be similar (which is the part I really like about his, how it flows), and even the look of the roaring lion. However, done by Joshua Carlton in color…it would obviously be way more realistic/different than his. Should I feel guilty at all getting something similar or just go with it?? I don’t want to get something else..and regret not getting the lion because he has it..input please! 15583846261690737679237.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

No man you have to go with something different (his is awful btw)

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

@buttwheat 126346 wrote:

No man you have to go with something different (his is awful btw)

ha the thing is I like that look of his lion way more than typical lion tattoos, solely because of how the mane is. I’m just trying to figure out where that line is of being different, obviously there are probably thousands of lion tattoos out there..so you can only go so different. I could do something with the first couple straight on, but they’d still be similar to his from a design standpoint, the color and style would be different. I could also do a side view like the third photo, but with a wavy mane like his (I think that would be way different than his). The thing is lions are so common, how original can you be with one?? I feel like doing this in color is the original part of it.

stockphoto2158206jungle.jpg
76b172ed3339174df31067e.jpg
stockphotogrowlinglion9.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.