BigD16
Participant
@bigd16

I’ve looked at it myself. See my problem is, this is my first tattoo. I dont know what to look at as far as whats considered good quality over bad quality. My uncle has 2 really good peices that he’s done, But I overheard that there was a screw up on my uncles fireman 9/11 tattoo. Im set for Saturday at 5pm. But if I dont approve of the drawing and he’s not willing to remedy the situation, I plan on going somewhere else.

Again, I dont mean to sound like I dont know anything. But what do you guys consider good quality over bad quality?

BigD16
Participant
@bigd16

I didnt notice this until I seen a really good blown up quality picture, Like the one you posted, But whats all that white on the back of the panthers back? Is that scarring? Did the ink not take?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
BigD16;113914 wrote:
I didnt notice this until I seen a really good blown up quality picture, Like the one you posted, But whats all that white on the back of the panthers back? Is that scarring? Did the ink not take?

It’s his version of shading.

BigD16;113913 wrote:
Again, I dont mean to sound like I dont know anything. But what do you guys consider good quality over bad quality?

Well there are countless good/great artists out there right now, but here are some that aren’t too far from you:
Vince Vallavazo

NatureGirlVince-MO-web.jpg

normal_Matt_Dunlap-AON-_Peacock_Collab-Vince_Villalvazo.jpg

villalvazo_05.jpg

Russ Abbott

127_1bb52a70858c5b192efa5499b4bff03f1326438003.jpg

Tony Mancia

tony-mancia-tattoo.jpg

Kelly Doty

owl-heart-kelly-doty-060310.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

my boy Vince is on vacation in Seattle but headed home soon, Russ is hard to get but world class, Tony has a long wait but he is very unique, Kelly Dotty the new addition at Ink and Dagger is Awesome, I want some of that bad ass ink myself, very unique illustrative style,

any of these artists you cant go wrong, shit your ink will probably end up in a magazine or win trophies at the next convention

you need any help let me know,

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain
BigD16;113904 wrote:
I’ll keep an eye out! What kind of theme and deisgn did you go with for the sleeve?

I’ve got two existing tattoos on that arm already (I have pics in my albums on my profile) so I’m added more flowers and a hummingbird and more vines and stuff like that. Tomorrow is the big day and I can’t wait!!

BigD16
Participant
@bigd16

D3fianc3 – I will have to look into some of those artists. It looks like they do some really nice work.

MrChen – Where are the artists you mentioned located? Im sure you’ve probably said it in a past reply, But are any of them in South Carolina?

MistressOfPain – I will check your album out. I hope it goes well for you! Let me know how it turns out!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
BigD16;113946 wrote:
D3fianc3 – I will have to look into some of those artists. It looks like they do some really nice work.

MrChen – Where are the artists you mentioned located? Im sure you’ve probably said it in a past reply, But are any of them in South Carolina?

The artists that mrchen and I are referencing are all located in the Atlanta area. Surely you have some good/great artists closer to you, but I don’t know them off the top of my head like I do the ones from Atlanta. Besides, a less-than-5-hour ride isn’t bad for something that is going to be on your body forever. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mistress_Of_Pain
Participant
@mistress_of_pain

I posted a thread in the Inked Skin section with images of my new tat ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.