ezrider
Participant
@ezrider

Ok, so I have some questions for those of you who have experience with tattoos at conventions. I am considering attending and getting tattooed at a convention in April. The design placement will be on my left ribcage and will be fairly large, I expect that it will take anywhere from 3-5 hours to complete. I guess my main question is how painful is it really on the ribs? I currently only have tattoos on my upper arms and none of those were unbearable. One of those sessions was 6 hours straight. Aside from the pain aspect what else can you expect when tattooing at conventions? Are there any sanitary concerns? I assume the health department still has to inspect the booths?
I know some of you will say to talk with my artist about my concerns and I am going to tomorrow actually, I just wanted to hear some of your convention experiences I guess. Plus I’m really bored here at work 😀

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I don’t have any rib tats, but many people consider it to be one of the most painful areas to get tattooed so I would count on it being pretty damn painful unless you’re 400 lbs and have a good 6″ of flesh between the outside world and your rib cage.

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

I’ll tell you Thursday as I am having 3 hours done on ribs!

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

ribs totally suck, but what are you gonna do, I thought what the hell lets just do it, both sides are done, MAJOR hours, you just gotta grin and bear it,
I have been tattooed at convention, it is not always as comfortable as the shop, just tight space, maybe not their best table or chair, but what can you do, sometimes it is the only way to catch some artists

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

Almost all my work i have gotten at cnventions. I got my ass and back area of ribs tattooed at a convention. Not too fun. The ribs was 2 hors of traditional japanese hand poking and that shit hurt more than any other spot on my body, and i currently have almost 100hrs of work.

mrsgrumpy
Participant
@mrsgrumpy

I had my spine done last week … the boney bit was fine, it was the flesh at the sides that took most of the pain!!! 😮

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

I dont know how yodaddy got all that work done at conventions, I have seen guys getting a backpiece laid across to dining chairs, didnt look good……………a booth at a show isnt alot of room,
I did get a leg piece, artist brought a nice table to the show and had a end booth, it was cool, lots of people watching and talking to me made the time fly

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
yodaddynukka;107568 wrote:
Almost all my work i have gotten at conventions.

All mine except one have been tattooed at conventions also. I love the whole atmosphere and the people watching really helps me pass the time and endure the pain.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.