mleadley
Participant
@mleadley

Hi guys, wanted some advice, ive had a tribal tattoo for bout 2 years , its from the top of my arm to just above my elbow, i dont want the tattoo removed i just would like some advice on how to liven it up abit,maybe some patterns to go inbetween the design just to make it less common.

Think its too big for a cover up, any advice appreciated.

Thanks

mleadley
Participant
@mleadley

Here is a pic of what i looks like at the mo:

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii293/mleadley1701/DSCN0344.jpg

I was thinking of a biomechanical cover up or something along those lines.

Any ideas?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

DSCN0344.jpg

Briscogun
Participant
@briscogun

That’s going to be a tough cover up. Anything you try to put over it will still have the original tattoo underneath. Your two best options are:

1. Add to what you have. Don’t cover it up, bu see if you can put some additional color or detail to change it, or
2. Lighten it through laser removal to the point where you CAN put something even larger over it.

You should really consult with a tattoo artist in your area that has experience with successful cover ups, and is willing to do it. Some artists don’t want to mess with another artists’ work (its a no-win situation for them), but don’t just hit the first shop you find where some guy shrugs his shoulders and says, “Why not? I can give it a try…”.

Bottom line, you’re not looking to cover up a small little tattoo from back in the day. This is a substantial tattoo that will take substantial resources and homework on your part to change, with no guarantee of success.

Where do you live? Maybe someone here knows a good place in your area to refer you to?

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

Don’t even try to add to it or cover it. Laser for sure.

mleadley
Participant
@mleadley

Has anyone got any links of less common tribal tattoos then with the use of colour. I’m in the uk so I’m not sure if anyone has had any experience with anyone around here.

Thanks again

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

l.jpg

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

holy shit! I take it all back. there’s your tattoo artist.

JENerationX
Participant
@jenerationx

That’s insane!!! Who did that?

mleadley
Participant
@mleadley

So basically it will prob be better to get it removed and start again with a blank canvas then?

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

You can’t laser a tattoo all the way off. (some smaller ones might fade to the point of nothing, but not yours)
You may make it lighter and easier to cover.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.