mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

Id feel better if you had said intense, eternal or skin candy but kuro is ok if it was real, I have seen a shady shop owner who mixes his own pigment and puts in bottles, sells it to his artists,

though we cannot see this piece very well, something is dreadfully wrong here, that piece of work isnt right

thats shit looks as washed out as a 30 year old tattoo, Id love to see it in person, but I beilieve it will have to be done over,

Thunder
Participant
@thunder

i will put up a better pic durin the day… i will put a pic after the 2nd session an hw it is nw…

Parademic
Participant
@parademic

It looks like your aftercare fucked it up

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

probably has nothing to do with aftercare. it looks overworked.

Joink
Participant
@joink

That looks terrible..

tricky kid
@
Thunder;97451 wrote:
Could i be allergic to the ink because i have sensitive skin?

that method of after care is outrageous it’s the stupidest thing I’ve heard in 10+ yrs in the industry… I had a great laugh when I read it so thanks for that… Go back to the artist and tell him to get his head checked I got a feeling he may have retard in him….. tattoo aftercare 101.; wash once a day and apply bepanthen cream once a day until scab heals.. simple hey!

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Personally, I would never use olive oil on a new tattoo. However, olive oil is an all-natural alternative to using Aquaphor or other ointments and isn’t as crazy as it sounds. You should only have used this for 2-3 days though, just as you would do with Aquaphor and other ointments. Now as for the Palmer’s stuff, the fact that it contains fragrance makes it a less-than-ideal choice right off. Other than that though, it shouldn’t really be a problem. Although these aren’t traditional aftercare products, they seem like reasonable alternatives so I doubt the products themselves are the problem.

• It’s one thing to cover the tattoo loosely while you sleep for the first couple days (this recommendation varies by artist of course), but you definitely should not have kept it wrapped for as long as you did.
  • Once the scabbing began, you should have stopped using any type of ointment or lotion. Although you are going to find some debate over whether you want scabs to form at all or not, no one who knows what they are talking about would suggest keeping the scabs moist.
  • As mrchen said, I would definitely question the brand of ink your artist used.
PaulRead
Participant
@paulread

With such sensitive skin, you may want to have your artist do a teeny tiny test spot of each color they plan to use in your tattoo. These little spots can be hidden somplace so people won’t see them, and they can be very very small to serve the purpose.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

How did you even find this thread? It’s 4 years old.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

i need to bring back the thread necromancer award!!

still relevant answer though so might be useful for future people.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.