Thaela
Participant
@thaela

For me, it felt like if you took an 18g needle, tilted it at a 45 degree angle, and raked it hard across your skin. Like a long hard scratch.

The pain for mine was worse at the beginning. Then it’s like your body goes into shock a bit and it’s not so bad after you get going.

As it healed, it felt more like an abrasion.

Jimmyson
Participant
@jimmyson

My first ever tattoo I built myself up for the worst possible thing I could possibly imagine and then I ended up having no sleep, no food nothing felt really on edge, went into the studio nerves started to really kick in and he started…within 5-10 minutes sweat just started pouring down my face, my mother came with me and fortunately had a couple of £ spare, went few doors up and got an energy drink, drank some of it, relaxed and fine.

Now when I go in for one I bloody love it, my artist and I have a lot in common so time goes nowhere and it keeps your mind off the actual whole “a needle is stabbing me” type of attitude or thinking.

When I start on my right arm (getting sleeve) I’ll probably bring an MP3 player…the pain doesn’t bother me in the slightest, decent night kip, bite to eat and a drink before going in — bobs your uncle it’s fine.

Saying that, everyone is different.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

I was annoyed. It felt the same for the two hours I was lying there – it felt like somebody was drawing on me with a hot pen. I kept on thelling my tattoo artist that I just wanted to smack him because he was annoying me 🙂

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
metalmancpa;94765 wrote:
I was annoyed. It felt the same for the two hours I was lying there – it felt like somebody was drawing on me with a hot pen. I kept on thelling my tattoo artist that I just wanted to smack him because he was annoying me 🙂

telling him that will keep him relaxed.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

When he started tattooing the roses on me (near collarbone) it felt like something scratching me, in a good way.
But when he got to the middle part on my chest… it was more like a needle touching fucking bone.
He didn’t force the shit down, but still, the pain felt like it.

-David-
Participant
@david-2

the needling hurt differently in different areas (no sh*t, David) but no matter the discomfort I’ve found that the whole “take a deep breath, let it out slowly and relax as you exhale” thing actually will change the sensation from terrible to tolerable. What I can’t relax my way out of is a tattooist that dry wipes the inked skin! A dry paper towel feels just like sandpaper after a couple hours.

spirit_eyes
Participant
@spirit_eyes

depends on the area. my arm, i fell asleep. my foot, my toes wouldn’t stop twitching and it hurt like hell. my legs, it feels like a bad burn.
and yes, when my guy is done, i’m on a high for awhile afterwards. strange.

metalmancpa
Participant
@metalmancpa

Now having done my 1st tattoo I truly know the meaning of “earning your tattoo”. It was worth the pain/annoyance/whatever you want to call it to be happy with the end result that will hopefully look good for decades to come.

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked
Quote:
What I can’t relax my way out of is a tattooist that dry wipes the inked skin! A dry paper towel feels just like sandpaper after a couple hours.

Owh, that fucking paper.

getinkedtattoos
Participant
@getinkedtattoos

A little trick I picked up on my own during my apprenticeship in 2006, not only do I use “What I consider to be the very best transfer gel” but I will also use a spray made by the same company. I hope it’s cool to mention a brand name, anyway it’s called “Spray Stuff” and its from the same makers as my transfer gel. After I put my stencil on I dry it really well for 2-3 minutes with a hair dryer as it will set the stencil AWESOME, THEN spray it with the spray, then another 2-3 minutes with the hair dryer. Ask your artist if he will do this method. don’t be afraid to bring a hair dryer with you (As most artists don’t have them.) What this will do is make your stencil SUPER resistant to “Wet-Wiping” with G.Soap on the paper towel rather than dry wiping, which we ALL know hurts. I mean who knows maybe he will give it a try for you and be able to dry wipe much less and at the same time pick himself up a handy little useful tip. LET ME STRESS, IF YOU ARE NOT A LICENSED PROFESSIONAL DO NOT USE ANY ADVICE AS A WAY TO LEARN TO TATTOO, THEIR IS MORE THAN YOU COULD POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND AT THIS POINT THAT IS VITAL TO THIS INDUSTRY THAT YOU WILL *****NEVER***** LEARN FROM SOME FRICKING WEBSITE OR VIDEO OR TV, OR “TATTOO SCHOOL SCAM”, If you are indeed talented do things the correct way don’t look for the quick fix because you will NEVER be looked at with any kind of respect by the Professional Tattoo Community!!!! and that is a fact!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.