slimchance
Participant
@slimchance

Who cares if some guy at subway has shitty tattoos?why would you let that get you worked up?if the guy is proud of his tattoos,good for him.I’ve paid professionals and I’ve also been tattooed by ameteurs just trying to learn.i get tattooed because a love the art form and also the process.If you’re out there getting tattooed as a status symbol or you feel the need to keep a running tab on how much you’ve spent,you’re in it for the wrong reason!

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Because, generally speaking, I’m a cranky bastard. I thought that’d be apparent by now.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk
Sherav;91460 wrote:
PS KH I am having that dragon koi and victorian fob watch leg piece in Sept which I was always threatening so will post up when done.

I can’t wait Lord Hull! Your art is always something to look forward to.

Dave Van wrote:
(except that zombie thing, that dude shoulda paid YOU! )

My artist spent as much time on my zombie squid as he did on my back piece. He was super stoked for it, and only charged me for 6 hours when he put in twenty plus! He always cuts me huge deals, but that one was huge, mostly because he loved the hell outta doing it.

Cornishtiger, I think you’re onto something my man!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

The Mighty Ming
Participant
@the-mighty-ming

I’ve stopped telling people how much my tattoos have cost because I usually end up with a ‘WTF’ look.

A friend of mine had some stuff added to her butterfly tattoo and it looked nothing short of gorgeous and when the woman next to us found out it cost her £180 she almost had a heart attack!

You get what you pay for though, you can pay £20 for a tattoo in someones kitchen or you can do it right, make an appointment in a nice, clean environment and pay £1000 for that awesome sleeve/backpiece etc…

Dave Van
Participant
@dave-van
KnightHawk;91485 wrote:
I can’t wait Lord Hull! Your art is always something to look forward to.

My artist spent as much time on my zombie squid as he did on my back piece. He was super stoked for it, and only charged me for 6 hours when he put in twenty plus! He always cuts me huge deals, but that one was huge, mostly because he loved the hell outta doing it.

Cornishtiger, I think you’re onto something my man!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

lol I was jus’ playin’ man. :p

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p

This is what 20 bucks gets ya
260379_200225973361613_188667644517446_656776_2572431_s.jpg
I didn’t know you had to pay get your fingers messed up!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Mr. Cool Ice says “there aint no such thing as a crap tattoo”

stupid_tattoos_12.jpg

C-los.p
Participant
@c-los-p
buttwheat;91604 wrote:
Mr. Cool Ice says “there aint no such thing as a crap tattoo”

stupid_tattoos_12.jpg

Where did you find that picture of me??!?!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I love this one

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

Maybe I missed something here. Why tell anyone what you paid for something in the first place? People ask me an I generally ignore the question. If they continue to ask I start asking them questions like how much they have in savings, what they make a year, etc. As far as I’m concerned, what I paid for my art is my business, and until I share it on my terms,I have no interest in talking about it. I feel the same about my shoes and my watches, both of which I like expensive. It’s either about the art or it’s not, and if it’s not there’s no point in talking about it.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

I’m a disagreeable bastard by nature Gsouder. At the moment, I’m trying to be somewhat more tolerant and go off on people only if they really, really annoy me. Makes me alot less funny, but alot more tolerable to be around. I don’t like the “How much does it cost” question, but it doesn’t rise to the new level of shit I’m willing to tolerate before I become an asshole.

Good god damn, maybe it’s the jelly soft abs, maybe it’s the modified Kid’n’Play hair cut, maybe it’s the total lack of self awareness and introspection, but Mr. Cool Ice is, and always will be, my fucking hero!

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

It must be said that my tribal is worse than all of these.

richschultz
Participant
@richschultz

I just got my first tattoo, and so I completely leaned on the shop to tell me what to pay. They are a very reputable shop in Birmingham, Alabama, and I trust them implicitly. At the end of the day, they basically put a piece of permanent art on me that I am proud to wear for life. That said, I believe you get what you pay for….I will proudly tell anyone that asks. Not to brag, but because I want to advertise for the shop that did the work!

Thaela
Participant
@thaela

It’s just like anything else in life – You get what you pay for. If you want to cheap out, expect to get less in return. Some people care don’t about the result as long as it didn’t cost them much.

Personally, I would rather spend top dollar and receive something stellar – especially when you’re talking tattoos, which is something that you will have for the rest of your life. I mean, seriously… it’s only money, you’ll make more 🙂

arnoldsantos1
Participant
@arnoldsantos1

There’s always those that will never get the difference between good and bad tattoos. It’s that tattoo collector crowd that just want quantity instead of quality. The same crowd that goes for the best deal$ instead of the best portfolios.
Every city will have the killer, top-notch, showcase tattoo shop, and also the horrible $20-40 minimum hack shop. Both shops will have their following, both shops will stay in business. It’s just how things are.

btw, mr cool ice’s tatties seem like they’re done well. that’s rad!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.