Wardy
Participant
@wardy
Adler;87485 wrote:
I agree completely…and whatever shop and owner let you “try out” tattooing should be shut down.

Speaks the truth and is honest 🙂

Evilrhoda
Participant
@evilrhoda

Don’t let anyone push you into anything you’re not comfterable with. If you actually want to work there just work on practicing and perfecting some smaller flash pieces and let the people with the expierience do custom. The tattoo isn’t horrible but it’s not awesome either and you don’t want to be responsible for someone to have to go through painful and expensive laser treatments. But if you don’t really want to do it, just say no. I think everyone might be better off that way.

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Evilrhoda;87498 wrote:
The tattoo isn’t horrible

Yes, it is.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
ArniVidar;87503 wrote:
Yes, it is.

LOL Arni mate

Funny but you are right just the way you word’d it haha :p

NickPrender
Participant
@nickprender

Are you blind? That tattoo is indeed terrible

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

If i was the man i would sue you.

Evilrhoda
Participant
@evilrhoda

Let me rephrase: It’s not as bad as some things liscenced artists have on people’s skin.

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller

Its pretty bad.

Evilrhoda
Participant
@evilrhoda
ZombieKiller;87512 wrote:
Its pretty bad.

Haha. At any rate, I think the genral consensus is that tattoing is not his calling.
Do tattoo apprentinces not require some sort of liscence, though? It seems weird that you could just ask anyone to do it. You need an apprentince liscence to do hair in a salon if you don’t have your full-fledged cosmetology liscence. (I realize it’s not the same, just an example) This thread just made me curious if his buddy was breaking any laws.

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller
Evilrhoda;87513 wrote:
Haha. At any rate, I think the genral consensus is that tattoing is not his calling.
Do tattoo apprentinces not require some sort of liscence, though? It seems weird that you could just ask anyone to do it. You need an apprentince liscence to do hair in a salon if you don’t have your full-fledged cosmetology liscence. (I realize it’s not the same, just an example) This thread just made me curious if his buddy was breaking any laws.

In the US tattooing is regulated by each state and in very few states is the actual artist required to be individually licensed. Typically its just the studio that has to maintain a license. This opens it up for pretty much any jack off who thinks he/she can draw to become a “tattoo artist”. And even in the states that require individual license’s for artists the testing for said license is all about infection control and cross contamination standards. Thats not wrong its just not completely right. It would be nice if you had to prove in a testing standard that you could actually tattoo before becoming licensed.

Evilrhoda
Participant
@evilrhoda

Kind of scary thought that individuals don’t have to maintain a liscence. Can’t imagine how much it must piss established artists off that anyone could just grab a gun and call themselves an artist.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You all are a bunch of haters. I think it’s real keen.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
ZombieKiller;87514 wrote:
In the US tattooing is regulated by each state and in very few states is the actual artist required to be individually licensed. Typically its just the studio that has to maintain a license. This opens it up for pretty much any jack off who thinks he/she can draw to become a “tattoo artist”. And even in the states that require individual license’s for artists the testing for said license is all about infection control and cross contamination standards. Thats not wrong its just not completely right. It would be nice if you had to prove in a testing standard that you could actually tattoo before becoming licensed.

We actually have radio commercials here that state: “Become a tattoo artist now! No artistic talent necessary – just a steady hand!” Based on the ink I see on people locally at the gym, parks, etc, I have my doubts we have even one decent shop here.

ZombieKiller
Participant
@zombiekiller
buttwheat;87519 wrote:
You all are a bunch of haters. I think it’s real keen.

You convinced me, I’ll have to turn a 180 on my opinion of the tattoo. Two thumbs up here.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Can’t this thread be locked now? Because we have relised he did a poor job on somebody no reason for this discussion of hate to carry on really getting boring. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.