Plague
Participant
@plague

When getting legs tattooed, does the artist try to avoid hitting the shin bone with the needle? I notice that my shin bone almost seems visible on my leg. Not worried about the side of my leg where there’s more muscle, but how about the front where the shin bone with hardly any muscle over it. Hope I’m being clear. I have no tats yet.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

If you’re getting inked there, he or she will have to hit it. If not, no reason to hit it. I have an ankle tat that wraps around to my shin slightly and it was indeed a senstivie area.

Plague
Participant
@plague

just doesnt seem like there’s any muscle there. I kno hitting bone happens, but i’m imagining that if it were going through muscle first. To me, i’m just imagining the needle going right through the skin and into the bone. also, im not sure how long the needle is…

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

the needle only penetrates thru 4 layers of skin so no, you wont be hitting the bone.

Plague
Participant
@plague

ok, that’s a bit more reassuring.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Oh jeez, no, it won’t actually go through to the bone.

Plague
Participant
@plague

LOL… but it does touch the bone sometimes, doesn’t it? Cuz i hear ppl say that getting their tat hurt when the artist hit the bone. (yeah, I kno it doesn’t penetrate the bone…LOL)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

No it won’t even touch the bone. unless the tattooist has no clue on what their doing.

Plague
Participant
@plague

Ight, thanks, man. I wonder y ppl say it hit the bone then? I guess they thought it did cuz it hurt like hell, from the nerves in the area like u said.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

Some guys are very heavy-handed and the vibrations can be felt in your bones in areas like the shin. Perhaps that’s what they mean.

Adler
Participant
@adler

It might FEEL like it’s hitting bone but it’s not.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.