zookeeper
Participant
@zookeeper

So I went to my artist back in December 2010. I asked for, and got, a nice blue rose (it was something he drew up for me, not a piece of flash). Tonight, I come across a Craigslist add with a photo link, and find in this jackass’s album a rose that looks very close to mine. Not only that, but a few weeks ago I find a different pic from the same jackass on the same local Craigslist site with another, but also very similar, blue rose. The link between artist and jackass is that the jackass apprenticed under my artist last year. So jackass left to go start start tattooing at another shop, but is trying to copy some of his old mentor’s work. I’m pretty damn irritated. 😡 I’m not sure how, or if, I should respond to this. It’s a relatively small geographic area of around 250,000 people, and I know the artist and his wife also check Craigslist, so I’m sure they are or will be aware of jackass’s doings. Thoughts?

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

i dont think youre the only person with a blue rose. do you have pics of both yours and his CL ad to compare?

Tajen
Participant
@tajen

I have to agree with yoda. While it sucks that there are very similar tattoos to yours out there, a blue rose is not exactly uncommon. In fact, the roses on my leg were almost blue! But I do hate it for you!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

another thing worth pointing out is that since “jackass” was an apprentice to your tattoo artist, maybe the jackass picked up his mentors style which is why it looks similar?

OrangeElDiablo
Participant
@orangeeldiablo
yodaddynukka;82778 wrote:
another thing worth pointing out is that since “jackass” was an apprentice to your tattoo artist, maybe the jackass picked up his mentors style which is why it looks similar?

Thats a similar idea to my artist, he has his mentors style but don’t use his designs.

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

LOL, there are MILLIONS of roses out there…but…I do believe imitation is a form of flattery, so he probably picked up the style from the mentor. I know that both of our apprentices imitate different style things they have seen me do. I started with bio…now I have one that does bio drawings…and I do portrait drawings, and have one that drawes faces similar…….I just draw them faster, lol!

alwheeler7
Participant
@alwheeler7

Honestly man, I would be pretty flattered that someone liked your idea enough to copy it.

Although, it might get a little awkward standing next to him in the checkout lane haha.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.