goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Hi all just booked a 4 hour session with Tom Sugar for the portrait of my Grand Father when he joined the Navy. The photo is dear to me and I am sure it will come out great.
Chatted with Tom seemed a nice fella looking forward to the session 25th Feb could have had earlier but got a lot going on tin January with work and I will probably book a week off for aftercare as I hate looking after tattoos in work.
I’ll post up when it comes around.

SteCleary
Participant
@stecleary

sounds like a nice piece mat, best of luck with it.

are you going B&G or colour?

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Its a Black and Grey photo so I feel it is appropriate for the tattoo to be black and grey.:)

TooManyNotEnough
Participant
@toomanynotenough

look forward to seeing pictures and portraits should only be done in black and grey unless a pinup or Lady Head. Just my opinion though. Once again look forward to the pictures!!

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

I am so lucking forward to my session. I tossed up between starting my right sleeve or getting my portrait which is more important to me I feel.
There are some amazing portrait work knocking around, the colour stuff tends to be new photos of children or portraits of movie stars and is very soft and almost like a spray painting which is very impressive some of Toms stuff is mind blowing in colour. I do think old photos should always be in black and grey to stay within the theme.
I did check out Nigel Kurts portfolio and there is some amazing stuff but I couldn’t really say it was above the standards of Tom Sugar and it was a bonus that Tom id 1/2 hr away!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.