goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

Hi All,
I’m thinking of getting my second piece done soon. I have got hold of a really good photo of my Grandad with his Royal Navy uniform of hat and all which is dated back to the World War. He was younger than me in the photo and he was serving his country for the good of our people, he went through some ruff times getting blown of a ship when it was bombed by the Nazi’s.

He survived the war and went on to a healthy age after battling cancer away twice and even though the doctor was really rude to him and said Mr Jones you will never walk again because the cancer had effected the use of his legs as the nerves had been got hold of by cancer, he told the doctor I will walk back in to this room within this year and proove you wrong! within 12 months he walked in without treatment Free of cancer and amazed all of the doctors as it was truely a miracle but it did come back for a 3rd time and he wasn’t so lucky when prostate cancer took hold and spread. His medication caused Alzheimers and he was a former shadow of him self but he always had his moments with that twinkle in his eye that you knew he was still in there. He passed away a few years ago on Christmas day and had held on until my Mum got there to visit she gave him a Kiss said she loved him and he replied that he loved her too and then he slipped away.

My Grandad was always a fighter and he had so many stories to tell about his life and I think having this photo tattooed would be a great way to have a tribute to him.
Is there anyone in the North of England who can Nail portrait pieces.
My current artist Rose from Golden dragon is pretty good at portrait and I have seen some excellent work from Tom Sugar at Allans in Moreton any other recommendations as it has to be the BEST!

goldengraemes
Participant
@goldengraemes

72 people with no idea?:confused:

vic13
Participant
@vic13

Hey, I’ve just had a portrait of my daughter done by Mark Bailey at the Golden Dragon in Chester. Have a look in my album I think there is a pic there.
I’m super happy with it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.