raulg
Participant
@raulg

this was my first tattoo i got and now basically i want too either cover it up or work around it and make it a half sleeve…

Its a RIP tat for my brother… I want to for sure though keep it a religious rest in peace tattoo for my brother… But i want it too be alot bigger and detailed and make it into a half sleeve…

anybody got any ideas?

dscn0476k.jpg
By
raulguerrero15 at 2010-04-07

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

Lots of possibilities. Angels, clouds, the list is endless. I think you can use this as a starting point rather than try to cover it

Jlin
Participant
@jlin
ontwo;65515 wrote:
Lots of possibilities. Angels, clouds, the list is endless. I think you can use this as a starting point rather than try to cover it

Agreed, I would keep the original piece and work around it. If you want the whole sleeve to be a tribute to your brother how about incorporating something that he liked a lot or something unique about him? As far as the religious side goes you have many options as ontwo pointed out, I guess it comes down to personal preference what you want included.

Have you thought about colours at all? If you stay in b/w Id really vote for keeping the one you have, I think its a nice piece although youre right, its not too large in itself.

raulg
Participant
@raulg

alright i went on photoshop real quick and i got some ideas from you guys… this isnt something ima get literally but its sort of how i want it to look in the end…

with the lines around my arm being like clouds or rays shooting out… And putting the words “gone but not forgotten under my original tat…

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/3003/dscn0477copy2.jpg

wut u guys think

dscn0477copy2.jpg

LifesAGamble
Participant
@lifesagamble

that looks pretty good man, I like the text and the rays would def look cool with some good shading and blending with the text.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Why not get it with an angel beneath and their wings arching above with the words done on each wing and sun rays shining down from around the edges.

Alternatively can have vines wrapping around and the words put on a stone tablet or scroll.

Lot of scope all of them will work.

Take Care
Matthew

Gsouder
Participant
@gsouder

I don’t have the photoshop skills that you guys have but….

Those hands, with the rosaries.. what if you added an angel in profile looking up towards your should wrapping around the back of your arm to the hands? I mean, the hands that are there will be the angels hands and you just add the body to it with wings and a robe and all that jazz. Then you could add a sun and rays of light and clouds that he is looking up towards. I could be a nice reminder of your brother and a real piece of art at the same time.

raulg
Participant
@raulg

thanks for the ideas…. im looking into all of them and trying to come up wit something…

Anybody good at photoshop?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.