Amok
Participant
@amok
JENerationX;99379 wrote:
I think that last one needs to go in the thread where the guy’s looking for a penis tattoo…. simplify and shrink that down and it’s perfect. LMAO

lol

NOMNOMNOMNOM

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

Thats some amazing work you got there! specially like that last skull. Love the colours you used.

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

More stuff.
Winter Tiki…..
42b7ab69.jpg

New business card design?
c485253f.jpg

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
DavidJednat;99341 wrote:
I love skulls.
e3cc7d21.jpg

Fucking love this!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Don’t know if you noticed but I used that sketch for the painting above.

Funk
Participant
@funk

Sick stuff, man!

Haha, I love that tiki.

DeppAddict
Participant
@deppaddict

Wow, you really are talented. Do you tattoo or is this all going to a portfolio to start an apprenticeship? I’d so get some of these designs tattooed on me!

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Thanks! I’m currently apprenticing at a shop in Buffalo, NY. I’ve been tattooing for about 5 or 6 months now.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

I’m trying to teach myself to draw for a few weeks right now, but i only seem to be able to copy stuff. I can’t put images i have in my head onto paper, do you have any tips? also a ton of respect to anyone who can draw a straight line, that shit is difficult:p

ArniVidar
@arnividar

LOL. For a few weeks, eh? Good luck to you. It’s gonna take years more.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk
ArniVidar;104482 wrote:
LOL. For a few weeks, eh? Good luck to you. It’s gonna take years more.

I know that;)
Sorry if my previous post sounded arrogant/ignorant and or stupid all at the same time. I just really enjoy the relaxing proces of drawing and if people can give me advice to actually produce something decent i may as well give a shot asking them;) I know it takes years to develop a skill and a steady hand and i am in no way trying to become a proffesional or a tattoo artist just cause I’m able to produce something that some people go ‘ o thats nice, good for you’ when they see a drawing i made.

Still hope some of you can give me some tips, or books that go into puting images you have in your head on paper

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Hah, no worries. I just found your choice of words humorous 😀

There’s a bunch of artists on here, so hopefully someone will pipe in with a sensible answer 🙂

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

Think about drawing as if it were music. You practice the basics of scales and modes and chords. Then you start playing other musicians’ stuff. Once you have a grasp of the basics you develop an ear for melody and time signatures. When you master them you start writing and rehearsing your own music. When you are fluent in music you can improvise.

In art you start out drawing simple things like spheres, cones, cylinders, and boxes. Everything in life is made of basic shapes. Pay attention to light source and shadows and the nuances of colors. Slowly build your drawing experience. Look at art that you like and dissect it. What makes it look so cool? Why is it laid out the way it is?

Just some info to start with. Hope it helps.

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

It sure does! Thanks a lot

DavidJednat
Participant
@davidjednat

5bc5ab04.jpg

Quick drawing, not done yet.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.