rae314
    Participant
    @rae314

I’m looking for a tattoo artist near Lansing MI who is a Christian or a believer to do, hopefully a couple, tattoos for me. I have had no luck finding anyone so far so I’m wondering if anyone knows of any.
    I’m willing to drive a couple hours to get there, if need be.
    Thanks!

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Why??? You are just getting a tattoo you’re not looking to have make a friend, lover, buddy, mate or anything like that. You will spend a couple of hours to a couple of afternoons with them.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

If I’m not mistaken in the book of Ezekiel it is prohibited to get tattooed. Of course it is also prohibited to trim your beard hair.

Do you really want to walk through this doorway?

People get religious tattoos, but a sin is a sin. What is your choice?

We can recommend some fantastic tattoo artists, but their spiritual beliefs are their’s and their’s alone.

ezrider
    Participant
    @ezrider

@Sam-I-Am 137663 wrote:

If I’m not mistaken in the book of Ezekiel it is prohibited to get tattooed. Of course it is also prohibited to trim your beard hair.

Do you really want to walk through this doorway?

People get religious tattoos, but a sin is a sin. What is your choice?

We can recommend some fantastic tattoo artists, but their spiritual beliefs are their’s and their’s alone.

I believe it was the book of Leviticus and Levitical laws really do not apply to today’s society. The Bible says in Leviticus 19:28, “Do not cut your bodies for the dead, and do not mark your skin with tattoos. I am the Lord.” (NLT) How much clearer can that be?

It’s important, however, to look at the verse in context. This passage in Leviticus, including the surrounding text, is specifically dealing with the pagan religious rituals of the people living around the Israelites. God’s desire is to set his people apart from other cultures. The focus here is prohibiting worldly, heathen worship and witchcraft. God forbids his holy people to engage in idolatrous, pagan worship and sorcery which imitates the heathens. He does this out of protection, because he knows this will lead them away from the one true God.
    It’s interesting to observe verse 26, “Do not eat meat that has not been drained of its blood,” and verse 27, “Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards.” Well, certainly many Christians today eat non-kosher meats and get haircuts without participating in the forbidden worship of pagans. Back then these customs were associated with pagan rites and rituals. Today they are not.
    Instead of asking, “Is it okay for a Christian to get a tattoo,” perhaps a better question might be, “Is it okay for me to get a tattoo?” Personally I don’t view it as a sin.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

How is the artists religion important?

I’m a hardcore atheist and I’ve been tattooed by religious artist. Mainly Buddhists, but hey. Not many Christians in my country in general so I’d say finding a Christian tattoo artist here is… Well, probably impossible. But I am curious about why it’s so important.

And don’t Christians generally just pick and chose what they follow? Like most religions do these days..? I know several parts of the Bible say you should never mark your body because it is a temple of God, but considering the amount of bible quote tattoos I guess most people don’t give a shit.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Thanks EZ. Leviticus, that’s it.

Too many times the Bible is taken out of context.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.