Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

This shop needs to be shut down.
And the owner and sole artist should be arrested.
He recently inked my 16 year old daughter, which is illegal in NY.
I will be speaking with my local police today about it, but I also wanted
To get this guys name out there so no other parents have to deal with this.
His name is Wally Willson, formally of Pink Armadillo in Brockport NY.

I have tattoos and I love them, but my 16 year old should not have been inked
By this guy, it’s not only illegal here, but immoral and unethical in our tattoo community
We have had a few great artists make this same mistake before, and they got prison time.

rooster44
Participant
@rooster44

bill A4114A-2011 regulates the body piercing and tattooing of persons under the age of 18 to require written consent from the parent and/or legal guardian of a minor

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

@rooster44 120844 wrote:

bill A4114A-2011 regulates the body piercing and tattooing of persons under the age of 18 to require written consent from the parent and/or legal guardian of a minor

That is an amendment that was never passed. Wow do you know my daughter? She tried sending me the same thing. If you look on the New York State dept of health web site, that was revised November 2012, the tattooing of a minor regardless of parental consent, is still illegal.

Also, I literally just spoke to a local tattoo artist, and she said there is NO way anyone under 18 can be tattooed in New York State. So everyone that thinks they know the laws, learn to understand what you are looking at before you mistake it for law!

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

I see, rooster just joined today and went right to my thread. So this is either my daughter, or her mother, since my kid should be in school.

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

Dear Justin
The law with regard to tattooing of persons under 18 years of age has not changed. NYS Public Health Law Article 4-A Regulations of Body Piercing and Tattooing does not speak to the age of the person being tattooed. Tattooing a minor is a law enforcement issue in NYS. NYS penal law 260.21 prohibits marking the body of a child less than eighteen years of age with indelible ink or pigments by means of tattooing.

Kathleen A. Munn
Principal Sanitarian
NYS DOH / BCEHFP
547 River Street, Room 515
Troy, New York 12180-2216
(518) 402-7600

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

There you have it. Now please stop trying to tell me I don’t know what I am talking about, that email came directly from the Dept. Of Health! Like I said, research some more before you tell me I am wrong!!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Link to shop?

rooster44
Participant
@rooster44

i’d like to first state that i never called you a liar. simply adding A4114A-2011 and section 460-a that ammends penal law 260.21 to exclude tattooing as unlawful dealing with a child is in no way calling you a liar. you’re being extremely hostile, especially considering the fact that you don’t even know me. the legality of your issue aside, publicly posting harassing and/or slanderous comments is unprofessional. is this an artist that you are well acquainted with, or just someone you have a grudge against?

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

That amendment never passed
And it is still a crime. I can understand people wanting to think they are right, but I have spoken to tattoo artists and police, I know it is a crime for a FACT.

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

Read my post, this ‘artist’ tattooed my 16 year old daughter. That is the problem. It was illegal, and I will pursue charges.

rooster44
Participant
@rooster44

the email you posted says nothing about parental consent. are you the custodial parent of the child?

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

Lol, now I am sure you already know the answer to that. But, the issue is not if she lives with me or not, even if not, I still have parental rights. You can agree with me or not, I don’t care. An I am pretty sure I do know you. You join, come right to my thread, and choose mine as the only thread to post in. So, it only stands to reason you are somewhat involved in this. Sue me if I’m wrong lol

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

Stop looking up amendments, and look up the law, see exactly what it states. If a law changes, it gets changed on the books, it wouldn’t say “regardless of parental consent”

rooster44
Participant
@rooster44

the new york state department of health website does say regardless of parental consent, and the specific page regarding penal law 260.21 clearly says that the page hasn’t been updated since 2008. however, the new york state legislature website says that the ammendment allowing tattooing and body piercing of minors with parental consent was passed in january 2012. so apparently the legislation doesn’t know what they’re passing, if you’re saying its not ammended and they say it is. and yours is not the only thread i’ve read, just the only one i’ve commented on. you’re new to this site as well and it looks like you only joined to badmouth someone.

Kraqr
Participant
@kraqr

I am here to talk about a guy that tattooed a minor illegally. Looks more like you joined today, and brought up the same exact Amendment that my daughter did this morning….So that leads me to believe, since her Mom is not that smart, that you would be the Step Dad that got an equally crappy tattoo the same day.
You can spell, and your wording is the same. I could be wrong, but everything points to that conclusion. So if you all think you have a case against me for blasting Wally on the net, then lets see the lawsuit paperwork. Until then, I will continue doing what I am, and the criminal investigation will also continue. Lets just hope he doesnt try to throw her mother under the bus to save his own ass.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Smokin tattoos – 420 emporium Henrietta NY’ is closed to new replies.