nodays
Participant
@nodays

Wassup,
New guy here looking to get my first tattoo! Finally decided what i wanted to get as my first (even drew it up on myself using pen/marker lol) now i just need to find an artist. After being a lurker on this site for a few days i realize there’s more to a tattoo then just an ink-draw-done process, so running up in a random spot in the village probly wont pan out. I was wondering if anyone of any good reputable shops/tatoo artist in NYC? Will it depend on what im trying to get drawn up? Do shops have different artist for specifics in details? what should i expect? Yeah im definitly a noob at this, but i really want to get this done right:)

BigZach
Participant
@bigzach

Different artists definitely have their strong points, and as far as NYC, you shouldn’t have any problem finding good artists for different styles. As far as shops, other people here will know a lot more than I do, so I’ll leave it to them

Adler
Participant
@adler

I said this in another thread but there are obviously some great artists in NY with varying specialties so it depends on what you’re looking to get in order to acurately recommend an artist or shop.

nodays
Participant
@nodays

Tru. Thanks for thw responses, what im looking to get is a character figure sitting down using a laptop which is programming a robot. The end result (which would probly be done in parts due to cost) will start on my left forearm, wrap around to the shoulders/tricep and end on my upper left back. Pretty simple, dont want it to look too comical or too formal, just somewhere in between.

nodays
Participant
@nodays

Also, do artist draw up concepts prehand on paper if u ask em? Im assuming that theyll charge you for this right?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

You find your artist give them a deposit and they draw it up for you. So the cost is covered as part of the tattoo. Check out Stacy Sharpe http://www.sharptattoos.com/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.