wang chung
    Participant
    @wang-chung

I’m a HUGE fan of that show, I have much respect for the artist and there work, I’m curious to know if its more expensive to have one of those artist tattoo you because they are just extremely talented and experienced or because they run a show and its a tie between paying for a well know artist and “TV star”
    just thought I would throw this out there

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Wang

I visited High Voltage (LA ink) on my tour of USA.

First of Kat D doesn’t do ‘regular’ tattooing as much anymore she tends to do celebs and exhibition and the TV shows.

That said you would be talking a min of $1500 upwards for a tattoo by her. I asked at the shop and they have something like a $500 min price for the other artists in there.

She is good (I love her work) but there are several tattooists in LA that can rival at a cheaper price.

Take Care
    Matthew

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al
    Quote:
    I’m curious to know if its more expensive to have one of those artist tattoo you because they are just extremely talented and experienced or because they run a show and its a tie between paying for a well know artist and “TV star”

Mathew pretty much summed it up – its the same with Miami Ink they charge up the wahzoo to get tattooed by any of the TV stars unless of course you can come up with some kind of “interesting story” to get the Tv producers attention and get it done free on tv ๐Ÿ˜‰

scottishbeagle
    Participant
    @scottishbeagle
    Aussie_Al;41789 wrote:
    Mathew pretty much summed it up – its the same with Miami Ink they charge up the wahzoo to get tattooed by any of the TV stars unless of course you can come up with some kind of “interesting story” to get the Tv producers attention and get it done free on tv ๐Ÿ˜‰

I thought the people on TV still had to pay? thought I read that on the TLC site, might be wrong though!

Aussie_Al
    Participant
    @aussie_al

I had friends look into it and I am pretty sure its free if you can talk your way on the show

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.