kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Hi All,

I am very happy with my current artist thus far, certainly better than my first guy, but he’s done 3 now and covered my first one very successfully. However, it gets to a point where no matter how happy you are you start to see what is acheivable adn start to want a higher quality.

So… i am looking for an excellent fine line and colour work artist around the surrey/hampshire/berkshire border lines in the south east UK, and i was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for any well known, good (or should i say excellent artists) around that area?

I want to get a blue morpho butterfly with a mist effect philigree sweep on either side to frame it on my lower back (the kind of Kat Von D sort of style philigree).

Can anyone recommend anyone that could do this for me to have a look into?

Cheers all ๐Ÿ™‚ x

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
kittykat200;101955 wrote:
I am very happy with my current artist thus far, certainly better than my first guy, but he’s done 3 now and covered my first one very successfully. However, it gets to a point where no matter how happy you are you start to see what is acheivable adn start to want a higher quality.

Sorry I can’t help with the artist but I love the attitude.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

David Corden. He isn’t taking new app’ts again until February 2012 and once you get booked, you’ll probably have to wait ~1 year, but I think he is well worth the wait.

DavidCorden.jpg

284510_2167152774074_1104318355_32498879_731527_n.jpg

785030.jpg

mrchen
Participant
@mrchen

hell yeah………….

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

that is beautiful work, i think it would work nicely for the butterfly because it’s kind of like a watercolour, but, if i wanted something a bit more bold i dont think it would suit his style? i dont know maybe its just because i only have 3 pieces to look at. i have to say if i could get to america and be tattoed by Chris Garver i would, i think his work is stunning. Does anyone know of anyone well renowned for their colour work around south england? I can easily get to london and i have a friend who raves about some of the london tattoo shops but i guess i just dont know enough about individual artists to be able to find them in the first place lol

The face of the girl in the second picture though is so beautiful, i wouldnt be gutted if that was on my skin! ๐Ÿ˜€

Adler
Participant
@adler

The only places in England I know of are:
http://triplesixstudios.co.uk/ (Bez is excellent)
http://frithstreettattoo.co.uk/ (website not working well for me but this place rocks!)
http://www.thefamilybusinesstattoo.com/ (Xam, Mo, Inma, etc)

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

omg i got as far as bez at triplesix studios and stopped looking! that stuff is amazing! unfortunately they are approx 5 hours away from me, do you happen to know if they ever come down south at all for conventions or anything (not that i know anything about those either!) or are they purely studio based? thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜€

Adler
Participant
@adler
kittykat200;102115 wrote:
omg i got as far as bez at triplesix studios and stopped looking! that stuff is amazing! unfortunately they are approx 5 hours away from me, do you happen to know if they ever come down south at all for conventions or anything (not that i know anything about those either!) or are they purely studio based? thank you so much! ๐Ÿ˜€

I’m really not sure but I know Bez does conventions in the U.S. I’ve driven 4 1/2 hours for a particular artist, it’s worth it.
Check out the other shops, too. Frith Street is mostly western traditional with bold color and outline and Family Business has some great artists, too, and they’re versatile.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
kittykat200;102096 wrote:
that is beautiful work, i think it would work nicely for the butterfly because it’s kind of like a watercolour, but, if i wanted something a bit more bold i dont think it would suit his style? i dont know maybe its just because i only have 3 pieces to look at. i have to say if i could get to america and be tattoed by Chris Garver i would, i think his work is stunning. Does anyone know of anyone well renowned for their colour work around south england? I can easily get to london and i have a friend who raves about some of the london tattoo shops but i guess i just dont know enough about individual artists to be able to find them in the first place lol

The face of the girl in the second picture though is so beautiful, i wouldnt be gutted if that was on my skin! ๐Ÿ˜€

Indeed, David Corden has a very soft style all-around. As for Chris Garver, I think he’s a fairly good artist, but his level of talent doesn’t come anywhere near that of Corden or Bez.

kittykat200;102115 wrote:

Bez was my first thought also, but I saw that he was quite a ways from you so I didn’t mention him. Personally, I’d gladly travel twice as far to get inked by Bez. I’ve tried to book him several times at conventions, but he’s always booked before his appearance is even announced. He’s one of only a handful of people that I would really like to do my calf piece (Luca Natalini being my first choice).

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

do you know if he has a long waiting list when he’s at the shop too? or is he mainly just booked up for the conventions?

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous
kittykat200;102323 wrote:
do you know if he has a long waiting list when he’s at the shop too? or is he mainly just booked up for the conventions?

I am sure he has a long waiting list at the shop also, though I have no idea just how long. Wait lists vary greatly based on the style of the artist’s work, the amount of equally skilled local competition, how far out the artist chooses to book, and so forth.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.