NaseaOne
Participant
@naseaone

Hows it goin? Im an artist from California and thinking about possibly packing my bags and movin over seas. I have family over in Cambridge so i was wondering how the tattoo scene is out there in general. I have really no knowledge about tattooing in the UK so im trying to find out what i can before i move.

Im looking to get some legit feedback. Anyone got any advice /info?

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Cambridge has a few notable studios and is quite an expensive area of the country compared to the north.

The UK has quite strict licensing on tattooing and the health registration with the local council (Local Authority) is required.

There is also zone licensing in Cambridge which you may need planning application for if you wish to set up your own studio ie not next to schools etc.

Otherwise it is quite easy you register your interest get a health visitor approval and also helps if you can provide BBP knowledge and certs.

Take Care
Matthew

NaseaOne
Participant
@naseaone

Thanks sherav. I don’t plan on opening a studio anytime soon, I’ve only been tattooing for a little over a year so thats not on my mind till the future. Do you have any links on some pretty reputable artists in the cambridge area? I may just move over and try to pick up another apprenticeship since I’ve been thinking about doing it over here for a while now.

The whole BBP thing wont be a problem but I’m curious on how the health registration goes over there, is it just a test/interview or do i just provide a BBP cert? Like i said i have absolutely no knowledge of the UK culture in general so I’m trying to collect as much info as possible.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.