derryboy123
Participant
@derryboy123

Hey Guys Ive Just Been Looking More And More Into Human Branding. I Have Decided That I Will Be Wanting To Do it But How Do I Go About It? Is There Any Branding Places In Scotland? Is It Even Legal In This Country?

Please Help! Lol

Cya ๐Ÿ™‚

Andy

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

1-Introduce yourself to the forums first, it’s just something nice we do here.

2-Can’t help ya there. I’m from the USA.

3-What were you interested in getting branding? EX/Area, design, etc.

derryboy123
Participant
@derryboy123

To Be Honest Ive Been Looking At Alot Of Designs But I’m Not Totally Sure Yet ๐Ÿ™‚ Just Wanted To Find Out Wether There Are Any Places To Do It Where I Live So I Could Pop In For Some More Info ๐Ÿ™‚ Thanks For Your Help Anyways Dude ๐Ÿ™‚

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Google.com works wonders for people.
Lol, I’m sure more people from over your way will respond with some help for you.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi Derry

I have done a piece in my blog on how branding works.

As for legality it is a grey area if you brand yourself then that is seen as a self harm. If another person brands you (even with your consent) this can be interpreted as inflicting a grievious or life threatening injury.

EG If you get a brand or cauterisation and it gets infected and you goto the hospital they are obliged to explore how the injury occurred and who did it – if you say x person did they can then inform the Police.

The key part would have been whether it was of mutual consent between adults etc. If it was felt that they inflicted an injury based on the fact you did not or were not capable of reasoned consent then they are liable. They also still maybe liable even if consent was given in certain circumstances.

That is why most artists will not perform this sort of work openly in the UK and it tends to be seen within the sub-groups (sado-masochism) etc.

Take Care
matthew

Benjaminho
Participant
@benjaminho

very very very sticky area by the sounds of it, make sure you want it for sure because it just sounds like something that within time will just look like a horrible scar.

Rushmore
Participant
@rushmore

Why the hell would you want to brand yourself..

Instead of getting a vague shape of some crappy thing or another that will look like shite,

Get a tattoo that is a work of art…

Alternitavly… I have a stove and a coathanger i could bend into shape of what ya want…

ยฃ100 if ya intrested… ๐Ÿ˜‰

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

I like the idea but could never do.

Im fairly sure its legal for someone to brand their husband or wife though but not sure??

x

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

I know it’s leagal in norway… ๐Ÿ˜› Or, I supposed that it is, consider I know a couple studioes who do it in the open. Know a couple studioes in Sweden too…

I’m getting brandings done myself ๐Ÿ™‚ it actually looks pretty fucking great when it’s done properly, and with time it fades in a very different way than a tattoo does. Doesn’t look horrible at all ๐Ÿ™‚
Brandings are kinda like scarifications. (Check out Ron Garza in that area, he is fucking AWSOME!)

I don’t know how the laws work in the UK. But Norway is usually pretty strickt about stuff like that, and it’s leagal here. Considered a “beauty treatment”, so is tattoos, piercings, etc. But you should check with the very best piercing studioes in your area(and I mean the BEST), they should know. And maybe they actually preform it, just don’t talk about it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.