n87nelson
Participant
@n87nelson

First off I have to start by saying – I wish I had found this forum sooner, but life goes on…

I had a half sleeve done about 2 years ago. I was really excited about getting it done, but really didn’t know what I was doing when it came to designing the tattoo..didn’t realize this until after the ink was done. I thought I had done my due-diligence when it came to picking my artist but once again I failed miserably.

After having the tattoo, 2 weeks after it was done, I noticed it was very faint and blue and not black like it was when I was getting it done. So I decided to see what I could do about a cover up/possible change to it. Never even gave a thought at getting it laser removed.

Finally about 6 months after the tattoo was done, i decided to go to a previous artist of mine and he said he could do a cover up but it ended up worse than before and now it’s much darker. So now, after depression of hating myself for not listening to my gut, i’ve decided to bite the bullet and get this thing removed as much as possible and weigh my options from there.

Also, I have to note that sometimes the tattoo feels raised and irritated and itches. This isn’t all the time but it does occur once a day or every other day and lasts for 15-30 mins i’d say.

do you think it’ll be possible to remove this all together with obviously after multiple sessions or would my best bet be to lighten it as much as possible and then get something over it? My only safe haven I guess would be the fact that it is only black ink. Any input is GREATLY appreciated.

sleeve3.jpg
sleeve1.jpg

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

It’s not particularly well-designed or executed, but it’s not awful either. It could have been far, far worse. Considering that it’s entirely in black and gray, the outlook is great for laser removal. I think the piece is too big to simply cover after a couple laser sessions, so I would recommend going for a bunch of sessions and removing as much as possible. Make sure you choose a reputable place to do it.

Regarding the itching, you’re likely to have that with any tattoo if this one bothers you. I have 3 tattoos: one in black, one in B&G, and one in color. All 3 are from highly regarded artists who use quality inks and yet the only one that doesn’t itch is the solid black one. The itching is minor and I don’t break out in rashes, though I do frequently get some stray bumps on the color one. FWIW, the two that itch are both on my upper arms like yours.

n87nelson
Participant
@n87nelson

Thank you for the elaborated input! Yes, i have another on my forearm from a different artist and it has never itched or felt raised at all so I guess it could just be the amount of ink that is in the half sleeve. If you had to guess, how many sessions would you think it would take to completely remove or at least be able to cover it up with endless possibilities? I know this is only an estimate and i’m only taking it with a grain of salt but i’m just curious as to what kind of frame i’m looking at. I was guessing anywhere from 8-12.

D3FiANC3;115927 wrote:
It’s not particularly well-designed or executed, but it’s not awful either. It could have been far, far worse. Considering that it’s entirely in black and gray, the outlook is great for laser removal. I think the piece is too big to simply cover after a couple laser sessions, so I would recommend going for a bunch of sessions and removing as much as possible. Make sure you choose a reputable place to do it.

Regarding the itching, you’re likely to have that with any tattoo if this one bothers you. I have 3 tattoos: one in black, one in B&G, and one in color. All 3 are from highly regarded artists who use quality inks and yet the only one that doesn’t itch is the solid black one. The itching is minor and I don’t break out in rashes, though I do frequently get some stray bumps on the color one. FWIW, the two that itch are both on my upper arms like yours.

anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

I think 10+ sessions for sure to wipe it out. You might get to 5 though and it may be good enough to proceed with a proper coverup. I’ve seen prices here range from $75 for an as-long-as-you-can-take-it session to $300 for 10 minutes. Tattoo shops are cheaper than cosmetic surgery places and as long as you choose a competent operator, you’re not getting anything extra for your money at the cosmetic surgery places.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

I think it look’s cool apart from the cross?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I would say 3-6 zaps should do it good enough for a coverup. But you should have your cover up artist picked out and discuss this with them before preceding.

n87nelson
Participant
@n87nelson

but with 3-6 sittings, i’ll still be forced to do something darker and bigger, correct? Is there any possibility of removing them all together? ..Or is it in your guesstimation that I would always have markings no matter how many times I was lasered. I realize these are just opinions, but the more the merrier, as long as they’re constructive 😉

buttwheat;115953 wrote:
I would say 3-6 zaps should do it good enough for a coverup. But you should have your cover up artist picked out and discuss this with them before preceding.
anonymous
Participant
@anonymous

There’s no way we could really say for sure, but from what I’ve seen of lasered B&G, you could pretty much wipe it all out or at least to the point where there is barely even a hint of ink provided you are willing to go for as many sessions as it takes.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I hope someone with true knowledge pipes in on this. But here is what I think I don’t think you will every be able to laser it to the point were you can’t tell that is was there. My son has had 13 sessions on his black tattoo and it is still visible but the guy he was going to was a fuck up.
I think lightning it then cover is the best bet. find yourself a coverup master and go from there.
like this guy. http://www.timpangburn.com/

vulture.jpg

n87nelson
Participant
@n87nelson

Anyone know how much better the Picosure new laser works in comparison to the q-switched yag? I’ve had about 3 sessions done with the q and I have certainly noticed a difference but it’s more clear now than ever just how long this process takes. Supposedly the Picosure is able to do it in less than half the time, though I hear it is much more expensive. Just wondering if anyone had any legitimate information on the new laser.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.