TooImpulsive
Participant
@tooimpulsive

I just got a new, rather large tattoo.It’s about 7″ by 5″ on my back. It came out all wrong. It is mostly black and red, with about an inch, inch and a half, of green. I need it off. I’m thinking of going with laser.

Is it easier or harder to remove a newer tattoo vs. an old one?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

If this is a brand new like today or yesterday. Go soak in HOT water for as long as possible. This will ruin your tattoo and make it easier to laser or cover or both.

TooImpulsive
Participant
@tooimpulsive

I had it done on Saturday

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

do everything your not supposed to do with a new tattoo. Expose it to as much sun as possible, go swimming, soak it in hot water, don’t lotion it. Only thing you have to do is keep it clean so you wont get an infection.
Edit: This will fade the tattoo pretty quickly so you’ll need fewer laser sessions or maybe get a cover up

TooImpulsive
Participant
@tooimpulsive

So… a hot bath would be ok?

TooImpulsive
Participant
@tooimpulsive

Is it easier or more difficult to remove a newer tattoo than an old one?

ChrisvK
Participant
@chrisvk

no expierence with that, but my guess would be an old one. Old tattoo’s are faded and therefor lighter, which makes it easyer to laser them. If you do the things you shouldnt do with a new tattoo (just remember to keep it clean!) it will fade a lot quicker, which will make lasering easyer.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
ChrisvK;103374 wrote:
do everything your not supposed to do with a new tattoo. don’t lotion it.

I dry heal my tattoos because I think they turn out better. Not butting lotion on it will not ruin it but keeping it saturated in lotion/ointment will.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy
buttwheat;103408 wrote:
I dry heal my tattoos because I think they turn out better. Not butting lotion on it will not ruin it but keeping it saturated in lotion/ointment will.

Fucking hell you dry heal? Do you not get ded itchy i tried to dry heal once and im never doing it again!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
Wardy;103416 wrote:
Fucking hell you dry heal? Do you not get ded itchy i tried to dry heal once and im never doing it again!

I been dry wrap healing my last 5 sessions and i will not go back to any other method. My tatoos heal a lot faster.

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka
yodaddynukka;103418 wrote:
I been dry wrap healing my last 5 sessions and i will not go back to any other method. My tatoos heal a lot faster.

Also, it is easier to fade a fresh tattoo vs a tattoo that has already healed. Just do what everyone suggested, especially the hot water soak and get lots of sun on ink. The sun is a fresh inks worst enemy. Make sure you dont infect the tattoo.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I guess a heavily chlorinated swimming pool should be disaster for a tattoo.. but again, the water in the pools isn’t exactly clean.

Wardy
Participant
@wardy

Put some vinegar on it

on a serious note though pick the scabs off straight away.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.