QuickSilver
Participant
@quicksilver

Hey guys. New here looking for some advice. I’ve been working with a license technician who uses laser services to remove tattoos in MA, we’ve discovered that the artist who tattooed me went too deep and the laser isn’t working that way. I’m 2 joules away from being maxed out, on the smallest spot intensity possible for the machine, and just had my sixth treatment. The tattoo is only black ink, and maybe 2 square inches, located on the inside of my right wrist.
The problem is that it hasn’t faded at all. Wrecking Balm has done nothing, and I was just wondering if there is any other way to have it removed? I’m avoiding skin removal, and skin grafts simply because I can’t have any kind of surgery before I ship off for Army basic training, and would prefer to avoid something that’s going to leave a horrible scar.

In short, I’m looking for a safe way to get it off, because laser treatment is not working.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I have absolutely no knowledge about laser jobs, but we have one laser technician in here and hopefully he’ll pipe in and can give you a second opinion. He works out of the UK, however, so you’re probably not going there any time soon 🙂

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Where are the tattoos? My son is on his 10th or 11th laser session with his tattoos on the back of his hands and they are faded but still pretty visible. Who would of thought hand tattoos are career killers?

QuickSilver
Participant
@quicksilver

buttwheat – The tat’s on my wrist, and it’s pretty small.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

In no way am I dising the person you are using but before you give up on laser might I suggest you try another person just to be sure.
Ask a few questions.
How old is the kit where you are going?
What kit is it?
I am confused by Jules as a measure of power?
Do you react to the laser? Is there heat after treatment?
How are you living? Do you drink water, I mean lots of water?
Have you cut back on you acohol and increased your fruit intake?

ArniVidar
@arnividar
Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Thanks LOL I knew what it was I was unsure as to its use to measure laser energy.

QuickSilver
Participant
@quicksilver
Cornishtiger;84437 wrote:
In no way am I dising the person you are using but before you give up on laser might I suggest you try another person just to be sure.
Ask a few questions.
How old is the kit where you are going?
What kit is it?
I am confused by Jules as a measure of power?
Do you react to the laser? Is there heat after treatment?
How are you living? Do you drink water, I mean lots of water?
Have you cut back on you acohol and increased your fruit intake?

Skin Deep is the company who owns the laser, it’s currently the best one available in Massachusetts where I live. I’m not an expert on their machine, but this is it here: http://www.undoatattoo.com/

Joules is a measure of energy, it’s the just the amount of power the laser is currently giving out-almost like pressure on a hose, the more force you have the more power the water has.

The first treatment I had some blistering, but nothing too bad. There has been some fading, but the results are less than what they should be given the fact that the tattoo is only black ink, and quite small. The last treatment I had she cranked the power way up and there was blistering and some spot bleeding.

And I’m currently in the Army, I’m happy to say that my health is not a factor in the treatment. I also don’t drink, and eat very healthy.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Sorry I want clear at all, I know what a jule is I just dont use it to measure the power of anu laser I use.

OK I may be wrong but in my opinion, and it is only my opinion the problem is the laser.
For removing black you need a Q switched yag laser. The “all new” thing worries me a lot.
Any laser claiming to be good on all colours is already ringing alarm bells, laser removal is all about the science of light and there just isnt anyway you can produce a frequency of light that is absorbed by all colours and is still doing the job effectively.
as I said before I would look for another clinic and give them a go.

QuickSilver
Participant
@quicksilver

Alright. Will do. Thanks.

EclipseLasers
Participant
@eclipselasers

Hi QuickSilver

There are some Black inks which do not respond well to laser, especially some newer ones, you might have had one of these used in your tattoo. Your consultant should have advised you that there are no guarentees.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.