Helyanwee
@

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/2348/oca01.jpg

I’ve had this tattoo since summer 2008 and it came out pretty bad.
I’m thinking of getting a cover up. Is it possible with all that black? Any ideas?

timpangburn
Participant
@timpangburn

I can’t speak for anyone else’s skill level, but I can cover it.

Apostle 228
Participant
@apostle-228

With all that black??? I dont think so, it looks wayyyy too big to be covered to me. Your better off just cutting it out with a hot knife.

However, in reality… That thing is tiny. It wont be hard a all to find an artist who can cover it up. Go ask the local shops!

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

I’m currently working on a cover up my self and it was a medium sized full black piece.
I have to say my cover up is going great, so yes, a good artist can cover that up no problem.

Cheers,
Marcus

Laser Expert
Participant
@laser-expert

I suggest you have a few laser treatments to lighten it first, then consider a cover up. Only go to a reputable centre offering a Q-switched laser treatment – it MUST be either a ruby or a Nd:YAG (commonly called a ‘Yag’) or an alexandrite laser. You will require a number of treatments depending how superficial the ink is. Ask a professional tattoo artist when it is ready to cover up – your laser operator will not know (unless they are also a tattoo artist)!

FEARoftheDARK
Participant
@fearofthedark

You dont need a laser treatment for that tattoo.

Cheers,
Marcus

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

just get tim pangburn to do the cover up. he is THE BEST cover up artist in THE UNIVERSE. period.

Laser Expert
Participant
@laser-expert

I regularly treat people who want cover-ups but their artist sends them to me first to remove the top layers of ink. The way this technique works is by removing a tattoo layer by layer. Obviously, if the top layers are free of ink then a cover-up will be much easier and more successful.

I had a patient come to me recently who had had a cover-up which had not worked at all. The name she was trying to hide was very clearly visible through the surrounding ink. I am now working on just the name to pare it back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.