cdavis1977
Participant
@cdavis1977

I have a tattoo that I wanted to get rid of for a long time. Someone told me about skin colored ink to cover it up and I’ve heard that it works and heard that it does not work. My tattoo is black and I got it back in 2000, and it is above my ankle. Any info/advice would be great.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Skin coloured ink is a total waste of time. You will at best lighten the tattoo up a bit and at worst end up with a bad looking scar, with a tattoo under it.

Mountain_Man
Participant
@mountain_man

Not sure where you are located but there is a place here in Houston TX that does tattoo removal using lasers and prisms and from what I saw it is relatively painless and works extremely well. Was researching for my girlfriends ex since he went born again christian and says its in the bible that tattoos are a sin, didnt tell him about it tho since its painless 😀

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Best to get a cover-up or laser removal as the skin coloured tattoos will struggle with such a dark pigment.

The other downside is that your skin constantly changes colour with regards to heat, age, sun etc and the tattoo will not change in the same way.

I would suggest looking at the tattoo and decide if it is salvagable with a rwork – as maybe a much cheaper option.

Take Care
Matthew

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Best to get a cover-up or laser removal as the skin coloured tattoos will struggle with such a dark pigment.

The other downside is that your skin constantly changes colour with regards to heat, age, sun etc and the tattoo will not change in the same way.

I would suggest looking at the tattoo and decide if it is salvagable with a rework – as maybe a much cheaper option.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.