pinion120
Participant
@pinion120

My girlfriend is considering tat removal and I’m worried that she might jump in too quickly and wanted to find the dangers / expectations.

First tattoo is a small symbol on the ankle, other are angel wings on the back (but smaller, rests only between the shoulder blades in the upper back).

Anyone that has experience with tattoo removal and advice would be appreciated. We see a lot of tattoo shops selling removal services, but is that the right way to go? What about cosmetic surgeons, etc?

We are in the US btw. Any feedback is appreciated.

Rockysmom
Participant
@rockysmom

I have had one tattoo removed and am in the process of having another removed. I had them removed via lasers.

Just a warning it’s painful, costs alot, and requires multiple visits. Best for her to do a consultation with a reputable laser clinic to get all of the facts.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Removal is what I do.
The answer above is about right, the only thing I would add is that it shouldnt hurt too much more than havinbg the tattoo did. I it does the laser is set up wrong at best or is an inapropriate tool for the job at worst.
If it helps look at my website it has some common questions and answers on it even though I am in the UK.
Matthew

pinion120
Participant
@pinion120

Hi, thank you for the replies all –

The main concern right now for us is adverse or problematic removal – how will the skin look after the tat is removed? I know there are no guarantees, but having a faint outline or faded image still there or blotchy skin would just make her feel worse I think. We are hopeful that a good location can remove it cleanly but am curious how common that really is.

Cornishtiger
Participant
@cornishtiger

Hi, the treatment offered in the UK is better than that in the US for several reasons but equipment is a big one. Laser hurts a lot if the laser is too powerful, use of an overly powerful laser can also cause scars.
There is no way anyone can tell you that 100% of the tattoo will be gone however you should expect a good result from a mainly black tattoo.
Feel free to drop me a pm or call me.
Matt

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

You really want to go to a reputable place with decent equipment – check my signature there is a breakdown of the various lasers out there.

My advice is if you are worried about blemishes or scarring etc is to have the tattoo faded enough for a pro coverup to be done.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.