rys_rockin01
Participant
@rys_rockin01

Okay… here’s the deal…
I got this tattoo about a year ago (Feb 26, ’09). I don’t want to get into my reasons why or what the whole story is behind it. All that matters is that I don’t want to look at it anymore and I want it covered up.

I know it’ll be asked, “What is it?” It’s a dream catcher with Cherokee writing that says “Cherokee Blood”. Again.. don’t ask why. Yes, I have some Cherokee in me so it wasn’t completely random or that stupid. Anyway…

I wanted some opinions whether or not it could be covered or not and if so what kinds of suggestions people could come up with.

I think I posted this in the right section, if not, I apologize. If it isn’t in the right section please direct me to the correct one and I’ll fix it.

Thanks

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/rys_rockin01/arm3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/rys_rockin01/arm2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/rys_rockin01/arm1.jpg
*NOTE-I do not want the Kirby covered if possible.

Blue1
Participant
@blue1

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be able to be covered thru 1 or even 2 sessions. I’d sit down with the artist and discuss your options.

As for ideas as to what to cover it with? I’m half asleep atm but I’d say go with what you’re in to….

ontwo
Participant
@ontwo

It is a very well done tattoo IMO. I’m sure a good artist could do something with it.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Yes you can cover it but it is going to be a huge tattoo as you will need to cover a difficult shape.

Bold colours are going to be required you could go for pretty much anything that will wrap over the whole area of skin.

This could include;

Japanese styles – lotus flowers, water, koi, wind bars, geisha

Woodland tattoos leaves, flowers, grasses, trees and woodland animals or birds

Mythical – Pegasus or Pegasi (if you have a male and female) or any of the numerous beings and demi-gods.

Could go biomech sleeve but not very feminine style if I am honest.

Floral/Vines/Butterflies

It really depends on what you like as you do not want to be covering it up again later on.

The tattoo you have is very nice and if it is only an issue of small amendments I would suggest that as to a full cover-up.

Take Care
Matthew

rys_rockin01
Participant
@rys_rockin01

I talked to one artist around here. The tattoo was done in Texas and I now live in Oregon so I can’t go back to the artist that did it. Anyway, I talked to one that is very well known around here and he suggested I use Wrecking Balm for a few months and then go back and see him. He said he could do a couple things with it the way it is now, but the options would definitely open up if I used the WB.

Any opinions on Wrecking Balm? Is it worth the amount of money it’s priced at on most sites? I’m kind of sketchy on buying something for about $150 that might work.

rys_rockin01
Participant
@rys_rockin01
Sherav;59682 wrote:
Woodland tattoos leaves, flowers, grasses, trees and woodland animals or birds

I was thinking a jungle-ish scene of a tiger. I eventually want a full sleeve on that arm anyway so the size doesn’t matter. I liked the idea of the tiger because they’re independent animals. I don’t know.. I’m still trying to decide, obviously.

I want something that represents me going through these hard times and coming out on top or that I’ve been independent enough to make it through these things on my own.

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

Wrecking balm is frankly a waste of time as it will only lighten a tattoo after several applications and months of using.

It does work but no where near the market hype (their cop out is results will vary).

The stuff they use is called Tricholoracetic acid (TCA) and it is a skin peeler so for you to fully remove the tattoo you would need to peel through at least 5 layers over a period of months as the skin would need to grow back between each application.

Here is a an easy summary of it http://www.plastic-surgery.net/tca-chemical-peels.html

If you are serious about getting it lightened I would suggest laser surgery – whilst more expensive you are guaranteed to have better results.

Take Care
Matthew

rys_rockin01
Participant
@rys_rockin01
Sherav;59688 wrote:
Hi

Wrecking balm is frankly a waste of time as it will only lighten a tattoo after several applications and months of using.

It does work but no where near the market hype (their cop out is results will vary).

The stuff they use is called Tricholoracetic acid (TCA) and it is a skin peeler so for you to fully remove the tattoo you would need to peel through at least 5 layers over a period of months as the skin would need to grow back between each application.

Here is a an easy summary of it http://www.plastic-surgery.net/tca-chemical-peels.html

If you are serious about getting it lightened I would suggest laser surgery – whilst more expensive you are guaranteed to have better results.

Take Care
Matthew

So.. pretty much I’d be better off just trying to find an artist that can cover it up the way it is? I don’t want to go around wasting the money that I can spend on my cover up tattoo if those products don’t even work.

KnightHawk
Participant
@knighthawk

Matthew beat me to it, but yeah, WB is a waste of cash. Just get the fucker covered up, just realize the design is going to have to be much larger than what’s there and use bold colors. Just make sure whatever you choose you’ll be cool with it for life, because you most likely won’t be able to cover up the cover up.

Love. Peace. Metallica.

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

i kinda like the tattoo , i think it would cover best with flowers .

rys_rockin01
Participant
@rys_rockin01

Awesome! Thank you everyone for your replies. I’ll start looking at designs and see what could possibly be done. If anyone has any suggestions or anything feel free to let me know! :]

GnarlyBro
Participant
@gnarlybro

It can easily be covered up by a sun/moon piece or a flower.. and for the feathers i think you should keep them, it looks neat. Nicely done tattoo btw, I think it would look great on a sleeve if you kept it. But good luck on whatever you cover it up with!

Brian@Inkbox
Participant
@brianinkbox

My God, could you have found a bigger design, lol! Get ready to pay big cash to a coverup artist for a half sleeve, lol. Not trying to be mean, but in actuality, you have to do some soul searching, and ask yourself if you are ready for something big enough to cover, what is it going to be, and keep in mind that that third time coverups dont turn out good if the second one was done right!!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.