mikeIGI
@

i had an awesome sleeve going on until it got to the point on my forearm where i had some old barbed wire that i got when i was a kid. i went to a new artist to get it covered since my old artist moved away. to make a long story short, he messed up bad and eventually, it ended up just this solid black bar about 2 inches tall going completely around my forearm. my question is, can the shop be held liable to remove this tattoo?

Joker1
Participant
@joker1

Hmm toughie… depends if you signed some papers beforehand I guess. It’s not something you hear of a lot on here.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Do you have pictures?

miss_ivy
Participant
@miss_ivy

If you gave him permission do tattoo that design then its highly unlikely, if he did something expressly without your consent then possibly but if its just that he’s a crap artist I think they would just put it down to bad luck as you could have asked to see a portfolio before he worked on you.

Will depend on what country you live in too I would think. x

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

I have looked at this issue in the past and it really depends on the disclaimer you signed and whether the tattoo has been done in line with the interpretation of the artistic request made of them not the quality of the interpretation.

So for example I want an elephant and he does a really shitty stick image of an elephant I would be hard pressed as he gave me what I asked for.

If he did a snake instead of a elephant I could argue that they are responsible for rework or removal as not what I asked for.

That said it would then be argued why I did not stop them when i could see they were doing the tattoo wrong.

The simple fact is it is not clear cut on responsibility in many countries and the law is often unsympathetic.

Take Care
Matthew

Azfais
Participant
@azfais

The artist that blacked over the bad tattoo?
Was he/she the one who did the bad tattoo?

Or did you ask them to black it out?

If a complete black out of a old bad tattoo is what you asked for then perhaps you have no legal
recourse.

now if the artist failed to recommend that you get laser treatments to remove the poor artwork,
or that you seek out a better artist to do the cover up…….try talking to a attorney.

My thought is that the origonal bad tattoo would’ve simpler to fix then a wide black band, and that
given that you had alot of time and money and chair time invested in ink……..then the artist was
wrong to not suggest laser removal when it could’ve been done effectively.

I myself had a very poorly done tattoo removed from my left hand that I’ve since had new ink done
over….it looks great and i’m happy with the result. Furthermore I had the artist pay for the laser treatment.

He also paid for the new tattoo.

But then I was the origional artist who screwed it up in the first place.

A tattoo artist ussually knows right where the worst tattoo he ever did is……its on himself.
Ussually underneith a tattoo that a better artist did.

Outlaw
Participant
@outlaw
Azfais;58020 wrote:
A tattoo artist ussually knows right where the worst tattoo he ever did is……its on himself.
Ussually underneith a tattoo that a better artist did.

are you a licensed artist ??

ps… i look forward to reading your intro 😉

Butterfly
Participant
@butterfly-2

just out of interest what style of cover up sleeve have you had done ?
if its a japanese style it would just look like a wind bar :rolleyes:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.