Nataliep2680
@

Today I had my first laser session. My tat is homemade and is something I did 13 years ago with a needle and indian ink. It’s located on my forearm and I’m so ready for it to be gone! Anyhow what I am wanting to know is I had the laser treament done about 10 hours ago and so far it’s just swollen but there is no signs of scabbing. I know from most people I’ve talked to that the scabbing is very common. How long does it take for the scabs to appear? I’m very impressed so far with just this first treatment. There’s some significant fading and I can see where the ink is breaking down in spots.

BIKERinBLACK77
Participant
@bikerinblack77

Look up a forum member named Sherav. In his signature, he has an e-book that would answer your question.

Do you have any pictures of the old tattoo, and pictures of the effects of the first procedure?

BCbud
Participant
@bcbud

Yeah I would like some pictures of before and after.

I am also interested after wearing something for 13 years on your forearm you are getting rid of it. I mean your forearm isn’t a ankle or back, you see it everday and people see it everyday, did you get bored of it? I see you made it yourself so that makes me want to see it even more!

Sherav
Participant
@sherav

Hi

It really depends on what sort of laser was used but it is common for peeling to occur by the third session as the pigments are slowly broken down and it takes time for the surface skin to react.

However some people begin to peel within a few days it really depends on the intensity and the type of laser used such as q-switch etc.

As a rule of thumb you can expect to see significant results by the 5-6th session if it is a heavy pigment tattoo but it can take a number of months for it to break down.

Take Care
Matthew

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.