TonyMcGurk
    Participant
    @tonymcgurk

Hi Ive read up alot about TCA Peels being able to remove tattoos anyone had any experience with TCA?

Please get back to me

(:

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Tony

Do you mean using Trichloroacetic acid on a tattoo?

Why not just read my cheap and easy tattoo removal joke thread using sulphuric acid because if you try and do it yourself the result will be the same.

You are talking about using a acid to chemically peel your skin off – this is not like some surface acne or some surface scarring. The tattoo is down to your lower dermis not surface skin.

Whilst yes it can work unless you go to a professional you are going to end up with some nasty scarring and blistering.

I saw my own father use this method to remove tattoos from his hands the results were…not pretty.

If you think I am just been a scare-merchant check out this webiste

http://www.sciencestuff.com/msds/C2923.html

If you want that tattoo removing forget forums and websites get yourself to a professional dermatologist for an indepdant view of the best way to remove your tattoo.

Take Care
    Matthew

KnightHawk
    Participant
    @knighthawk

Don’t listen to Matthew. Go for it.

No.

Seriously.

Dude, also, if you soak your arm overnight for three weeks in paintthinner, it’d also do the trick. You could also use the power sander method, but that gets a bit….messy.

:rolleyes:

Love. Peace. Metallica.

pixiedust3030
    @

Tca was the most popular meathod used by doctors for tattoo removal before laser came around. I have been tryiong to get rid of a tattoo on my arm and used several meathods so far and dry ice and tca acid are the best for results so far and I think I will continue with the TCA peels. You want to find acid with a high consentrate 60% or higher…I use 70%. I do a peel a month. It takes time, but it will fade and sometimnes it works completly or sometimes just 1 laser session is needed to finish the job. Good luck.:p

johndeniel
    Participant
    @johndeniel

TCA tattoos removal is the new way of tattoos removal technique. It is a peeling agent that is used in dermatologist offices. It is like a forced exfoliation that fads the tattoos ink. I heard about the tattoos removal using tca. But it has some side effects like skin cancer due to some chemicals. So before using you should be careful and talk with tattoos experts.

Wardy
    Participant
    @wardy
    KnightHawk;40142 wrote:
    Don’t listen to Matthew. Go for it.

No.

Seriously.

Dude, also, if you soak your arm overnight for three weeks in paintthinner, it’d also do the trick. You could also use the power sander method, but that gets a bit….messy.

:rolleyes:

Love. Peace. Metallica.

I also heard paint thinner is good for for this.

It’s also been said if you inject bleach with a syringe in to the tattoo it removes it after 1 day.

rd2022
    Participant
    @rd2022

I’m actually using it right now. I’ve used it before with some success at 30% concentration done once a month. I’m using 50% now, because I know how the shoulder responds to it. the key is, follow the instructions, and make sure theyre good! It can work, has worked, and will continue to work, but can cause scarring if your arent careful. Always dillute the 100% TCA to a minimum of 50%. I wouldnt use any higher than that. I faded a black and grey professionally done tattoo, enough so that my laser time was cut done by probably 25%. That adds up, when you consider the TCA is inexpensive. Remember tha baking soda to cool it down, otherwise it’ll just continue to burn…..read the instructions, and read them again! There is so much spam on the internet on tattoo removal. Try this method, and be patient (and careful) with it. I’d give it 5-6 treatments to see before making a decision. The theory is simple. Most people say that it wont work, because the tattoo is below the are of the skin being treated. This is true, but its the inflammation and the bodies repleneshing of the skin that does the fading. Its no different than getting an abraision or irritation on a tattoo, and losing some of the color, just more controlled.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Wardy 112419 wrote:

I also heard paint thinner is good for for this.

It’s also been said if you inject bleach with a syringe in to the tattoo it removes it after 1 day.

Beg pardon old chap, I think you mean ammonia.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.