fa5135
    @

Hey everyone,

I have had my tattoo lasered 7 times. It is a black tattoo, so its supposed to be the easiest to remove. I have noticed that some parts of my tattoo are barely fading anymore. They have barely made any progress over the last 3 treatments or so.

Do most black tattoos completely dissapear?? Am I going to have a shadow of my tattoo? I just dont want my tattoo to be noticable.

I really cant take this uncertainty. This tattoo is ruining my life. I seriously dont think Ill be able to live with myself if it does not completely dissapear.

cured
    Participant
    @cured

Can i ask what the tattoo is? pics 😀 :S

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

It is difficult to give an opinion without seeing the tattoo.

However I have had several laser treatments for some scarring and I was in the same position after 5 treatments it felt that no progess was been made as it had stagnated. I persevered and whilst there is some outlines it is much better than it ever was.

Talking with the consultant I was advised that I was to forget the hype on ‘instant removal’ – it simply does not work like that.

There are several factors that come into play the type of ink used, the pigmentation of your skin, the size of the area, and how much pain/scarring you are willing to put up with.

If they whack out several high intensity laser treatments this will dissolve the ink quicker but will also damage the skin much worse than a series of lower level treatments. This can lead to a burn scar effect.

It is not uncommon for for treatments to need 1-3 months between sessions – the ink will breakdown gradually but it is really an issue of patience.

I would also discuss with the dr/company that is doing the treatment as like anything some are better than others.

I would also say do not be tempted to use acid or skin graph removal! I have seen both used up close on friends and family and the result is bloody awful.

Alternatively if you feel you cannot wait have you considered a cover up or rework of the tattoo by a reputable artist (although I would suggest waiting a few months as new ink may also continue to dissolve).

Whatever happens with your tattoo you will find the strength to cope with it – remember it is just ink, it is you as the person that dictates how others see you. (Unless they are too narrow minded then not worth knowng 😉 )

Let me know how you get on or if you want to chat it over PM me.

Matthew

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

You will find it tough to get rid of thick areas of dark colour, detail you can pretty much make vanish but never expect complete removal, age, ink and how well it was put in will all contribute to the outcome. Remember it can continue to fade for over a year after treatment. I’ve had loads of treatment over the years and only ever got far enough to recover with a new idea, which is generally what most people do now unless on the face or hands.
    Good luck

todomundo
    Participant
    @todomundo

A couple other considerations are the type of ink used and who did it. Inks aren’t regulated, so it’s difficult to know what it’s made of. You could ask the person who did it for the brand name. Amateur vs professional tattoos can be important. I’ve seen opinions both ways as to what’s easier to remove, it depends upon how deeply the ink is placed and how consistently. See for http://tattoo-removal-in.com info on removing tattoos

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.