diana13
    @

hello,

i recently got a tattoo behind my left ear of a small tribal, its 2-3 weeks old. Its probably about 2 inches long, or maybe less.
    the colors i chose were: yellow, and bambo (really light beige).
    My tattoo is different, i like it, but sometimes i feel like its pointless because its hardly noticable (literally)
    and its disappointing because im not satisfied with tattoo or happy with it. i would like to remove it but i figured its best to get it done by laser. I overhears a conversation my tattoo artist had and said: since the tattoo is light he’s sure he can cover up with a natural skin tone color. IS THIS POSSIBLE?

and another thing…

my tattoo is still infladed after 2 almost 3 weeks old? what can i do to have the inflation go away?

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Hello there and welcome to the forum. If your tattoo artist says he can tattoo your skin tone back on your skin, then I’d try that first. Laser treatments hurt worse than a tattoo itself. Three weeks is still within the time it takes to heal. Especially if your hair gets in it all the time. I use A + D ointment for my tattoo at first but then after that you’re supposed to keep it clean and moisturized with unscented lotion. Otherwise if it continues, it may be infected and you may want to see a doctor. But I cannot be one to judge without a picture. Posting one would help me further assess your problem.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi. First of all I would suggest that you wait until the tattoo heals before you decide to make any alterations (drastic or otherwise). A hasty decision could make it worse.

The tattoo actually sounds very unique and nice. The idea that it is pointless because people cannot see it immediately is simply not true.

Tattoos like any art are there to be viewed by others certainly but first and foremost they are there to be enjoyed the owner. Because of my job I have to keep mine covered but i still get pleasure knowing I have unique ink.
    Have you considered maybe getting the tattoo extended/recoloured to be more obvious?

Alternatively I would suggest the skin tone tattoo idea before laser. I have experienced laser treatment in trying to reduce some severe scarring from a accident.
    The results are getting better but the pain is huge (much worse than any tattoo) and it would likely take 5-6 sessions of :eek:. Also it can be expensive and the results can vary so i would suggest you check out the place very well before handing over any cash.

Matthew

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Thank you for your input Matthew, that was very useful information. =)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.